Better A-pillar brackets for LP4s than the SDHQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is interesting when retailers try to defend themselves. It doesn't matter to most of us what the transcripts say. All that is really needed is an apology and what can be done to resolve the problem. After that we move on. We get that the customer isn't always right but where does that get you.
Sorry, know a bit off topic.

Ya know I work hard. I built my business up. My employees do a great job and we're known to take care of our customers. But when someone makes a post showing otherwise I like to chime in and defend our company. In this case one of my employees DID help this person (sorry don't know his actual name). He started a live chat asking for help with his lights/brackets. Steve, my guy, tried to confirm the order # to look up what he ordered but was told the items were from someone else, but he was just looking for an alternate product. Steve informed him that we don't sell anything but the SDHQ brackets and showed him some photos of LP4 installed. He then asked for another photo of the passenger side, which Steve showed him (not the best photo but it was still helpful). He then asked Steve if we had any other brackets and Steve informed him we only sold the SDHQ brackets. He then recommended that he reach out to the company he purchased them from for support.

We didn't sell him the products and we've never had issues installing them. Other people here also chimed in stating the same, in that they've not had issues. But people love to go back/forth pointing out how one of my reps was not helpful? I'm sorry if he was not helpful, but I believe he was. He can only do so much and offer so much. We sell the SDHQ and install them and never have issues with them. We just don't sell other brackets besides SDHQ (because why do we need to? We are not a data dump site, we sell quality parts that work).

Our staff can only assist someone so much, especially if the product wasn't purchased from us. Steve offered some photos of installations to try and help him but the "very short" conversation between the two basically seemed cut/dry. It's clear this was all blown out of proportion and a few decided to focus on my employee NOT helping him? But Steve (my employee) DID in fact help him... he just didn't have another solution for him since we only sell SDHQ here.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya know I work hard. I built my business up. My employees do a great job and we're known to take care of our customers. But when someone makes a post showing otherwise I like to chime in and defend our company. In this case one of my employees DID help this person (sorry don't know his actual name). He started a live chat asking for help with his lights/brackets. Steve, my guy, tried to confirm the order # to look up what he ordered but was told the items were from someone else, but he was just looking for an alternate product. Steve informed him that we don't sell anything but the SDHQ brackets and showed him some photos of LP4 installed. He then asked for another photo of the passenger side, which Steve showed him (not the best photo but it was still helpful). He then asked Steve if we had any other brackets and Steve informed him we only sold the SDHQ brackets. He then recommended that he reach out to the company he purchased them from for support.

We didn't sell him the products and we've never had issues installing them. Other people here also chimed in stating the same, in that they've not had issues. But people love to go back/forth pointing out how one of my reps was not helpful? I'm sorry if he was not helpful, but I believe he was. He can only do so much and offer so much. We sell the SDHQ and install them and never have issues with them. We just don't sell other brackets besides SDHQ (because why do we need to? We are not a data dump site, we sell quality parts that work).

Our staff can only assist someone so much, especially if the product wasn't purchased from us. Steve offered some photos of installations to try and help him but the "very short" conversation between the two basically seemed cut/dry. It's clear this was all blown out of proportion and a few decided to focus on my employee NOT helping him? But Steve (my employee) DID in fact help him... he just didn't have another solution for him since we only sell SDHQ here.
When you say you’ve never had issues installing them, you had issues installing mine, requiring me to drive 75 mikes back as the brackets were rubbing the fender. You blamed it on the supplier, stating they supplied you incorrect hardware. Be that as it may, I cannot listen to FM radio with the LP4s on A pillar you installed. The moment I turn them on enormous static occurs. When I had a light bar installed on my former Gen2 in Utah by the guys who do the light bar install for trucks for Raptor Assault, I could not listen to AM radio when the lights were on. This seems like a common mistake installers make. I don’t know what causes it. Calling @The Car Stereo Company

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have a gen3 right? We had one of the first sets of sdhq brackets from SDHQ and indeed they had some tweaks to make on their brackets. They did provide the wrong hardware in the first kits but we have an entire wall of hardware so we were able to provide the right bolts (they used the wrong kind in the kit) - they’ve since taken our information and have revised the hardware

The rubbing was also an issue with the first brackets , which they’ve since fixed as well - again all Gen3 related since you were one of the first trucks to utilize SDHQ brackets on a Gen3 but we got it fixed for you at no additional cost (other then your travel because our shop isn’t located near you but we thank you for making the trip down here)

As for radio noise… that’s an issue across every brand of led lights . The power circuits these light utilize to produce so much light causes interference over am/fm circuits. First we are hearing about it with your truck. We stock iron ferrite cores that snap onto wires when this occurs but we were never made aware of it - it doesn’t happen on all trucks either

My 23 f150 has no issues nor did my gen2.. so far we’ve heard of this issue happening on ford broncos also utilizing the factory upfitter

For example my 23 f150 has 4Banger pillar lights and has no noise but a customers ford bronco running upfitters has noise with the Morimotos

There have been many people who have tried many things to solve the issue but so far nothings really worked that well

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say you’ve never had issues installing them, you had issues installing mine, requiring me to drive 75 mikes back as the brackets were rubbing the fender. You blamed it on the supplier, stating they supplied you incorrect hardware. Be that as it may, I cannot listen to FM radio with the LP4s on A pillar you installed. The moment I turn them on enormous static occurs. When I had a light bar installed on my former Gen2 in Utah by the guys who do the light bar install for trucks for Raptor Assault, I could not listen to AM radio when the lights were on. This seems like a common mistake installers make. I don’t know what causes it. Calling @The Car Stereo Company
there is electrical interference when things like these get mounted so close to the aerial antenna. however there are things that can be done. sometimes a ground strap, sometimes regrounding the antenna base, a filter over the wires, etc. a shorter antenna will also amplify the interference. a 31.5 inch antenna is the recommended height for an antenna because it is 1/4 wavelength at 1 watt.... mathematically speaking, it falls dead center of our frequency bands. any changes to an antenna will most likely cause more interference, and will always cause loss of reception.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
there is electrical interference when things like these get mounted so close to the aerial antenna. however there are things that can be done. sometimes a ground strap, sometimes regrounding the antenna base, a filter over the wires, etc. a shorter antenna will also amplify the interference. a 31.5 inch antenna is the recommended height for an antenna because it is 1/4 wavelength at 1 watt.... mathematically speaking, it falls dead center of our frequency bands. any changes to an antenna will most likely cause more interference, and will always cause loss of reception.

We've tried that, in fact on the Broncos the antenna is on the complete opposite side of the truck. We've even tried just connecting the driver side only and still had the issue. On my 2023 F150 I use a switch panel and ran the wires right next to the antenna wire, no issues.

We've had customers try iron core ferrite rings and even wrapping the power wires in aluminum foil (as a test) and they still have the issue. The common factor between all the issues is... Ford's Upfitters. I have a feeling the way Ford routed their power lines is most likely directly next to an antenna wire OR they didn't isolate the circuit and are sharing it with the radio system for power perhaps.

We've seen this issue on factory antennas and shorter antennas (which already have issues getting a good signal because of the shorter antenna length there is a reason, as you know, why antennas are so long and go OVER the height of the vehicle)

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've tried that, in fact on the Broncos the antenna is on the complete opposite side of the truck. We've even tried just connecting the driver side only and still had the issue. On my 2023 F150 I use a switch panel and ran the wires right next to the antenna wire, no issues.

We've had customers try iron core ferrite rings and even wrapping the power wires in aluminum foil (as a test) and they still have the issue. The common factor between all the issues is... Ford's Upfitters. I have a feeling the way Ford routed their power lines is most likely directly next to an antenna wire OR they didn't isolate the circuit and are sharing it with the radio system for power perhaps.

We've seen this issue on factory antennas and shorter antennas (which already have issues getting a good signal because of the shorter antenna length there is a reason, as you know, why antennas are so long and go OVER the height of the vehicle)
where are the relays in line in the wiring setup? before or after the upfitter relays? i have found that using aftermarket relays to the lights and not using the oem relays seems to reduce interference. catch the switch wire coming outside and not making the oem connections there, but running to your relay instead

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
where are the relays in line in the wiring setup? before or after the upfitter relays? i have found that using aftermarket relays to the lights and not using the oem relays seems to reduce interference. catch the switch wire coming outside and not making the oem connections there, but running to your relay instead

Vehicles with factory upfitters don't use relays... that's what the upfitter system is for. It handles all of that for you. As for how Ford has things wired, no idea where that system is located. Not sure if it's under the hood or in the kick panel on the passenger side (most likely in the kick panel I believe).

That would be the only additional thing to try is to use your own powered relay harness and just use the upfitter as a TRIGGER to see if that gets rid of the noise.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicles with factory upfitters don't use relays... that's what the upfitter system is for. It handles all of that for you. As for how Ford has things wired, no idea where that system is located. Not sure if it's under the hood or in the kick panel on the passenger side (most likely in the kick panel I believe).

That would be the only additional thing to try is to use your own powered relay harness and just use the upfitter as a TRIGGER to see if that gets rid of the noise.
there are relays in the system. depending on the gen, location varies. another option is to try to get the pass through wires, if you havent already.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a gen3 right? We had one of the first sets of sdhq brackets from SDHQ and indeed they had some tweaks to make on their brackets. They did provide the wrong hardware in the first kits but we have an entire wall of hardware so we were able to provide the right bolts (they used the wrong kind in the kit) - they’ve since taken our information and have revised the hardware

The rubbing was also an issue with the first brackets , which they’ve since fixed as well - again all Gen3 related since you were one of the first trucks to utilize SDHQ brackets on a Gen3 but we got it fixed for you at no additional cost (other then your travel because our shop isn’t located near you but we thank you for making the trip down here)

As for radio noise… that’s an issue across every brand of led lights . The power circuits these light utilize to produce so much light causes interference over am/fm circuits. First we are hearing about it with your truck. We stock iron ferrite cores that snap onto wires when this occurs but we were never made aware of it - it doesn’t happen on all trucks either

My 23 f150 has no issues nor did my gen2.. so far we’ve heard of this issue happening on ford broncos also utilizing the factory upfitter

For example my 23 f150 has 4Banger pillar lights and has no noise but a customers ford bronco running upfitters has noise with the Morimotos

There have been many people who have tried many things to solve the issue but so far nothings really worked that well
I do have a gen3. But in fairness I wanted to add that when I came back for you to redo the install, I bought the LED strip that goes between the tailgate and bumper which you installed for free to make up for my having to come back. I appreciated that. I love that light and it still works perfectly.