Best removeable tonneau cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone have the Ford OEM tri fold bed cover? If so, what is the feedback?

Ford uses the extang 2.0 mentioned above. Although if you order after the fact, I think there is another brand in the accessory catalog.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the hard Extang covers, but the relatively cheap snap down Classic Platinum almost never gets any leakage. You really need to force water up into it to get any into the bed. I almost changed to a roll up style this time, but after reading reviews of the many brands and watched videos, it seemed a waste for me to spend 3-4 times as much for a cover that leaks or comes unlatched while driving or dents or peels. If something happens to the vinyl on the Extang, it can be replaced for under $100.

That is a valid statement, but I also don't like soft covers on an $80,000 truck because the cheap $200 cover looks like a cheap $200 cover.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Ford soft tri-fold bed cover on my 2014. It is a rebranded extang with a big Ford logo on it. It did the job but I found the latching mechanism a bit fiddly and the cover material aged. I've now got the BakFlip F1 on my 2019 and love it so far. Looks much better IMO and lower profile, which I really like.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two Extangs on two different trucks with zero problems.

Magneto

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm on my second Leer Trilogy. I had a 2013 F150 and got the Trilogy, loved it and got the same for my 2019 Raptor. Leer made some great improvements in the 2019 but ironically have yet to update their website - if you search on 2019 Trilogy their site pulls the old cover. No cover is 100% water tight, but this is damn close. driven through rain storms and blizzards, and hte bed remained dry. Easy on/off, and no drilling. Insulated and strong.

Allan

Reaction score
Just installed my Bakflip MX4 today and I really like it. Super slim and out of the way, looks extremely nice. One thing to check when buying a cover is to make sure the tailgate can close if the cover is fully down if that is important to you, not all covers allow you to do so. So far fitment is good but no rain test yet so I can't comment on that.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first got the Peragon cover. It looked great, I liked the metal cover, it pulls out pretty easily, and it doesn’t take up much space. I ended up hating it. Biggest reason was because if you have any sort of load in the bed and if it shifts, due to the way the cover opens, it might now open. Almost every time my hockey bag was in the bed, it would slide and prevent the cover from opening. So I ditched the Peragon and got the bakflip. I truly love it. Low profile, it’s solid, and doesn’t take up any of the bed. It does not remove as easily as the Peragon but it’s still pretty simple with just two knobs to unscrew. The only thing I don’t like, and even then I don’t hate it too much is when the cover is folded all of the way up, you can’t see anything. Especially the load in the bed. On the other hand, I like how it protects the back window. Anyway, Bakflip hands down!!!

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I said I have Extang, but didn't give the reasons why.
1. The easiest to install and remove, From out of the box to on the truck is 10-15 tops. NO TOOLS required, just your fingers.
2. if I am out with it on the truck and buy something taller than the bed height I can have it off in under 5 minutes and placed in the bed to whatever I just bought.
3. It doesn't cover up the rear window if I just need to fold it open.
4. I don't have to place any hardware on the truck that sticks out or down so that I might hit it with a hand moving suff around.

Too me it's the easiest removable tonneu