Best place to buy Whipple kit for Gen 2??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy the whipple kit?

Can anyone confirm this truck does not have a sound tube on the intake that plumbs into the cabin??

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
My Ford dealer is telling me they will not install this kit. Said it will void the warranty.

Is this true??

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best place to buy it is from Whipple. And depending on the dealer yes it will void warranty. Any tune that's not from the dealership usually does.

Voiding the warranty is a tricky topic. A warranty claim can be denied if they can prove your aftermarket parts caused the failure.

However, if your power windows are not working, I doubt any sane dealer would not fix them due to a Whipple Tune. If they tell you they wont, move on to the next dealer who has a more reasonable service department.

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Reaction score
What I don't get is why most everyone says have the Ford dealer install it or you'll void your warranty.

My dealer is adamant about NOT installing it

JLP83

Reaction score
What I don't get is why most everyone says have the Ford dealer install it or you'll void your warranty.

My dealer is adamant about NOT installing it

I don't get it either. Any change to the factory tuning will void power train warranty unless you have a badass dealer. I've been through this with diesels. Sure there's people who say they have to prove it but are you ready to fight that fight? If you can't afford to fix it then stay stock.