Best Air lift kits for trailering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried reading on this subject and I am super confused. I have seen people adding a leaf spring in the rear, a replacement rear, a full super expensive air ride, a removable support piece....etc

I just need some help and guidance, I don't want to spend over $1,000 if I could.

I was wondering if there is a air lift kit for our trucks?? I am currently reading and searching.

Thanks for any help.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been researching this like crazy. After my own research I have settled on the Firestone airbag kit. The others are good options too but I think for heavy towing airbags are the way to go unless you want to spend a ton of coin.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been researching this like crazy. After my own research I have settled on the Firestone airbag kit. The others are good options too but I think for heavy towing airbags are the way to go unless you want to spend a ton of coin.

It's crazy how much there is out there. I thought I knew everything when it came to cars and engines...etc. Truly humbled lol.

sobiloff

Reaction score
Airbags are the cheap way to do it, but they really make the ride harsh and limit the suspension travel, which seems like a crime to do to a Raptor. But, if you don't have a lot of cash and have to tow heavy, they're about the only option I'm aware of.

(Some people will tell you bump stops can be used, but don't buy it. The ride's even worse than with air bags.)

Depending on how heavy your have to tow, your other option is Deavers (which you should do anyway since they really improve the ride and they get rid of that annoying sideways kick the rear likes to do sometimes) or Izzy's air shock leveling system.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're towing a boat get a weight distribution hitch and be done with it. Cheaper, easier to remove and install, and you will have to change zero parts on your truck. Its a much better way to control relative tongue weight as well.

As long as you load your trailer appropriately, you will have zero issues towing at max rated capacity when using a WD hitch. Minimal squat as well.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed bags along with these Cradles?

https://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1245

Seems like a nice way to get the towing support, while still ensuring that you don’t limit travel.

I am about to do the fabrication and install with the RideRite/Airlift airbag setup on my 2019. They use those exact Daystar cradles. I'm installing the Wireless One compressor. I will post pics when it's done, I am actually going to start work on it today.

Photos of the setup can be found here: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/gen-2-rear-is-too-lightly-sprung-needs-airbags.53216/page-3

Part numbers of the parts needed for this setup can be found here: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/gen-2-rear-is-too-lightly-sprung-needs-airbags.53216/page-9