Bed Tray or Bed Mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the Bed Tray and Bed Mat? The pic shown on the site looks identical. I'm ordering the Retractable Tonneua Cover and website let me order the Tray but not the Mat.
Screenshot_20210611-071031_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the Bed Tray and Bed Mat? The pic shown on the site looks identical. I'm ordering the Retractable Tonneua Cover and website let me order the Tray but not the Mat.
View attachment 170447
I was eyeing that mat too. I have spray in currently and it's on my order for the Gen 3. If I was to change my mind, would need to be this morning. When is it better for a mat like this vs. spray in?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the bed TRAY is like an oversized weather tech floor liner lol. They are still rubber but they have a lip around the edge. The MAT is kind of a generic liner that you can slap down and still have the rubber "grippy-ness" but no edge. If that makes any sense. I think tray > mat

mpd510

Reaction score
in my experience spray is 100x better. those trays and mats warp around the edges over time and dryrot. for the same price, you can get a LINE-X spray, it's there forever and helps resale.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

PBARaptor

Reaction score
That's what I did. I have the factory spray in liner with a Dee Zee bed mat that I got for $84. I like having both, you get the protection toughness of a spray in, and the cushioning and grip of the bed mat. Down the road, if the bed mat gets ****** looking, it's a fairly cheap replacement.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OLVGGZM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
Really liking this idea. In regards to the link, I'm assuming it'll fit a 2019 rap as well correct? Might pick it up!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never understood the spray-in liner craze. Needless to say I don't like the stuff. On the other hand I have had the bed mat from ford accessories and liked it a lot. Went with the Bedrug for the Raptor and like it as it protects the sides from scratches and scuffs.

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford spray in liner now, I am getting the bed rug this time. I have a tonneau cover I am transferring over.