GEN 2 Bed Tents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience using a bed tent with the Raptor’s short bed? Most look designed for 6.5’ beds. Was looking at the Rightline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got one - a Napier. It runs the full length of the bed and tailgate so you can stretch out. It seems to be well designed and well made.
Be advised that a sheet of plywood to cover the corrugations in the bed is fairly essential to comfort.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
F932EC91-0B4F-4279-9FA4-43CF8ED8288C.png Yes, I race mountain bikes and use a bed tent from Kodiak canvas. It is nice soft canvas and is well ventilated. I put down a indoor outdoor rug to seal the gap at the tailgate. I also use truck bedz air mattress.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I wouldn't consider that thing. Overall, it fails the simplicity test. Specifically, its 12 inch depth will cost you a foot of headroom inside the tent, it's going to be bulky and heavy when uninflated, and the price is preposterously excessive. Buy a sheet of plywood and a pair of foam or air mountaineering mattresses if you don't already have them.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider that thing. Overall, it fails the simplicity test. Specifically, its 12 inch depth will cost you a foot of headroom inside the tent, it's going to be bulky and heavy when uninflated, and the price is preposterously excessive. Buy a sheet of plywood and a pair of foam or air mountaineering mattresses if you don't already have them.
My truck bedz has worked well and is very comfortable. Plenty of head room in the kodiak tent.