GEN 2 Bed Accessories that work with Ford loading Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motohead314

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the Ford OEM stowable loading ramps (which are fantastic) for hauling dirtbikes around, however I found many of the common aftermarket bed accessories won't work with the ramps installed.

After a ton of research I finally found and purchased a few products that work simultaneously without hitting the ramps (or each other) in their stowed position:
  1. A bed extender (I wasn't a fan of the plastic Ford one),
  2. A folding or roll top tonneau cover (that would work with dirtbikes in the bed),
  3. And, a motorcycle tie down rack (for strapping down multiple bikes).

As you'll see in the pictures things are a bit snug, but they fit perfectly. For anyone that's wondering, here are the specific products I went with.

Bed Extender: AMP Research 74803-01A Bed X-Tender, Black.

I originally wanted the HD MAX version but the positioning of the ramps inside the 5.5' bed makes it impossible. The standard Bed X-Tender barely fits as is and that includes using the 0.5" bracket spacer on each side.​

Tonneau Cover: TruXedo Sentry CT

I ended up going with a roll top tonneau cover over a folding because I noticed that the majority of folding covers have a tie rod system for propping the cover against the cab that would have interfered with the ramps. Additionally, I liked the idea of being able to see my bikes out the rear window incase anything came undone.​

Motorcycle Rack: CCR Bed Buddy, Full Size 60"

I almost bought the mid size version of the Bed Buddy because I wasn't sure if the tie down eyelets would hit the ramps due to the rack being too wide. I rolled the dice however and bought the full size. As you can see in this picture there's a nice little notch at the bottom of the ramp that gives just enough room for the eyelet.​

49354240108_4828b1aa17_o.jpg

49354239968_fb56cf7531_o.jpg

49354239753_cd174701b7_o.jpg

49354688826_7782b0df27_o.jpg

49354903472_536234463f_o.jpg

49354903297_4d088d9ab4_o.jpg

Obviously there are other products out there that would work as well but I just wanted to relay my success with this particular setup in case anyone else had the same concerns. Also it could be noted that this will work with any 5.5' F150 bed, not just the Raptor.

OP
OP
motohead314

motohead314

Reaction score
It's been great. Super low profile, fairly secure (if someone was really determined to get inside they could do it with a prybar, but that goes for most things I suppose), and I can haul stuff while still seeing out the back window. I probably would have been satisfied with a basic soft rollup cover but I liked the added security of the aluminum slats and that the fabric doesn't flop in the wind going down the freeway.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set-up. I have same cover and like it a lot. Really low profile but I like that its a hard cover and gets mostly out of the way. I have no problem throwing my mountain bike it, closing the cover and not worrying about it getting stolen. I also have the ramps but have yet to utilize them fully. Came with the truck off the dealer lot.

How do you find the front tire fits in with the rolling cover? We tried mine with a buddies dirt bike in my truck and the front wheel wouldn't hit the front of the bed...got stuck on the cover. Figured a 2x or two to space it would work.

OP
OP
motohead314

motohead314

Reaction score
The Bed Buddy moto rack pretty much takes care of that problem. It holds the tire back from the bulkhead about 1" which is just enough to barely kiss the roll. I'll try to take a picture of it this weekend.