BD bumper combo dilemma!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VGKRaptor

Reaction score
I’m looking at
Pro driving combo inside
SAE Amber in the middle

Here’s my dilemma
S2’s Amber for sure on outside
1. Pro driving combo
2. Pro wide cornering
3. Sport driving combo
4. Sport wide cornering

The pros have about the same lumens as the SAE squadron, but not sure if I should just go with sports as to not blind on coming. Maybe pros in wide cornering?

l will be adding S8 30” in grill down the road, so that is why I am doubling up on ambers.

Anyone with experience with this is mucho appreciated .

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@VGKRaptor

You're definitely off to a great start with Baja Designs!

Running an S2 on the road, Pro or Sport model, you'll likely need to aim them downwards. If you're looking to run lights on the road, why not run three pairs of Squadrons? One clear SAE, one amber SAE and you're Pro Driving/Combo? The S2's or even the S1's are great lights, but if the goal is run them on the road we recommend the SAE series.

The 30" S8 is a great light bar and throws a ton of light down range. So if you're looking for more amber light, you could also pick up a set of the amber snap on Squadron covers for the driving/combo. White light when you want it and should you need amber take a few seconds to attach the amber covers.

Our new optimized triple light bracket is probably the best option out there right. Stainless steel, made in the US and offers incredible adjustability. Front to back, side to side and upwards/downwards. Whether you're running three pairs of Squadrons or two pairs and a pair of S1/S2's, our bracket works great. And don't forget to pair it with our Raptor specific wiring harness. Makes install super easy!

If we can help get you set up, don't hesistate to reach out!

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

HgWhUn2.jpg

F9CfsZj.jpg

YuM6dQU.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m looking at
Pro driving combo inside
SAE Amber in the middle

Here’s my dilemma
S2’s Amber for sure on outside
1. Pro driving combo
2. Pro wide cornering
3. Sport driving combo
4. Sport wide cornering

The pros have about the same lumens as the SAE squadron, but not sure if I should just go with sports as to not blind on coming. Maybe pros in wide cornering?

l will be adding S8 30” in grill down the road, so that is why I am doubling up on ambers.

Anyone with experience with this is mucho appreciated .

I run the S2 Pros in Wide Cornering. Those are currently my GO TO light. They don't blind oncoming drivers. You will need to aim them down of course. What I do is I back the truck up about 20-25' and I turn my lows on. I then aim my S2s so the top most light spill is below the lows. That's a nice safe area then, you won't blind anybody down the road. Go with a Wide Cornering though. Driving/Combos have a spot in them and you could blind someone down the road. Wide Cornering will work best for fog use and everyday driving.

This is my current setup on my truck:

74888293_10215677656669864_1735596370212945920_o.jpg

I'm running the SPP Triple Fog Light Bracket (available here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/)

This bracket allows you to mount any combination of lights you want. You could do an S1 and two sets of Squadrons. Or an S2 and two sets of Squadrons. Or even three Squadrons. The brackets are made in america and allow you to move the entire light assembly up/down. The lights also sit in a channel that lets you slide them left/right/forward/back. They also fit properly in the opening and don't rest on any plastic pieces or hit any other components. REALLY nice setup and VERY popular.

I plan on actually switching out my setup above to

Squadron SAE
Squadron SAE, Amber
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo

I live in NY and we get snow, so that's what my Amber will be for. I like white for all other times of driving however. Right now I have S2 Pro Wide Cornering, Squadron Pro Driving/Combo and Squadron Pro Wide Cornering Amber in my setup. The Squadron Pro Amber is a BIT bright for use on roads to be honest. That's why im changing things up. For off-road lighting, well you can see i'm covered :) I want my fogs to be as useable as possible. I'd like to be able to use them all the time in any condition (while not "legal" i use my driving/combos as "high beams").

Shoot me a message/email/text or call me up. Happy to help you figure out the perfect setup for your truck.

Here are some samples of what our customers have done with our SPP Triple Fog Light Kits

Brackets13__47811.1574819153.jpg

Brackets2__81182.1545980373.jpg

84506_1445_4620a39c_5303_4741_810d_948f09a73027.jpg