BBK Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
has anyone see the BBK Throttle body yet?

2010 and up Ford Raptor BBK Throttle Body - YouTube

http://www.bbkperformance.com/products/ford-f-series-truck-62l-throttle-body.html?car_motor_key[]=1722

"The horsepower inducing 85mm power plus series throttle body for the 2010 and up 6.2L Ford Raptor. This 15 minute installation provides up to 15 horsepower and 15 ft. lbs of torque and works with your stock or aftermarket tune, making it one of the best bang for the buck bolt ons for your SVT Raptor!"

thoughts? anyone use it or seen it? anyone find a price on it?

could be worth it depending on price with the ease of install and no need to retune supposedly...

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the ones for the 6.2 but the one they make for the 5.4 is $299.99 and it's an 80mm throttle body so if assume it would be a little bit more than that for the 6.2.. I haven't heard of anyone putting one on

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Also they say there's no need to retune but obviously to get the max gains out of it a time would be best! Anytime you increase or decrease the airflow into the engine it's always best to return it to get it to run at peak performance

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the dyno results, looks like it LOST low end torque/HP, where you would normally drive it & made the powerband a lot more narrow.
Also notice the start & end points of their second run were cut short to negate the readings in those ranges......
:wizhuh:Bigger ain't always better!

Last edited:

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would question whether or not they had tuned that test truck after installing the throttle body. Normally the larger diameter throttle body is a worthwhile upgrade in conjunction with other modifications which leads me to believe they didn't tune for the second dyno pull. But if $599 is the price tag that's a tough one to swallow, no matter what.