Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the dealer can give you a decent price, I would stick with oem unless you are using your Raptor for something more heavy duty. That's the way I think anyway.

OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer can give you a decent price, I would stick with oem unless you are using your Raptor for something more heavy duty. That's the way I think anyway.

Sounded like 207 for the OEM. That is why I thought I would at least ask for opinions, because at that point I'm 2/3 the way to some of the aftermarket stuff.

OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the OEM charged up to 12.6v on the ride to work. Discharged to 12.1v in 3 hours. Charged up to 12.3 on the 20 minute ride to the dealership. They “tested it” said it was good. Lol. What?

Bought a new battery. My battery had discharged to 11.9v by time I left.

What had me looking at the battery was my passive entry had stopped working in the morning. Then the blind spot monitor shut it self off.

I would understand lower voltages if I was making short trips all day. It gets a solid 45-60 drive twice a day though.

wkasak_17Raptor

Reaction score
I just replaced my battery with an OEM Motorcraft, got it from RockAuto, best price I found online. Only issue was the battery they sent me was manufactured in 10/2021 which I thought was a little old for a "new" purchase. Also, found out they do not have customer support you can contact, only options are to return. Not too happy with that but battery arrived undamaged for a good price so moving on...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My factory battery just recently went bad after 2+ years on it. Voltage went to 4.2v or so and charged it back up and was able to get around for a couple of days. Was replaced under warranty. Motorcraft AGM.

But even after I had it charged up and driving around. When backing up the audible sounded like it was dying and I would have some strange things happening on the dashboard cluster. So it doesn’t take much but low voltage to drive the truck crazy. These modules are sensitive and they know when a batteries bad.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
When my OEM was on its last leg after 5 years I went with the Odyssey and have solid performance with it this last five years. I would say if cheaper price were the deciding factor, you really can't go wrong with either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter