Baja Designs Linkable Bumper Light Bar Kit coming SOON.. for the 2024 Raptor Modular Bumper (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are working on several things for the new Modular Raptor bumper.

We will have new mounts for the 40" light bars, Post mounts and a new cross mount. However, one thing that people have been asking for and we have been working with @bajadesigns on with our new 37P truck, would be new mounts for a Baja 6X linkable light bar kit.

We and Baja wanted to be sure you had access to a kit as soon as possible for these with your new 24 models.

So we have a few early pics to share here.

While working on the other light bar mounts (which are shown. Not the linkable mounts in these pics. The mounts on the truck are for a 40" S8 or ONX6). We wanted to see if we could remove the end links and put 7 lights on there instead of 6. As you can see in the photos, you can.

Sometimes though, its all about seeing and perspective. In using 7 lights, it puts that middle light right in front of the camera, vs a divide between lights in there. So ultimately we decided its probably better to just stick with the 6 lights.

Since we already have the layout of the mounting points and such with this bumper now with the other brackets we have been working on. We will be able to overlay those and finish these up pretty quickly.

So let us know what you think. Do you like staying with 6? or prefer 7? Who of you were waiting for a linkable kit for your new Raptor? Would you like us to notify you when these are ready? If so, shoot us a PM so you don't draw unrequested solicitation from others. Then we can reach out to you directly. We generally do a special private pricing on preorders for new stuff like this. So it's good to know who you are.

All in all though, let us know what you think. (do reply with your thoughts on this thread though. We want to hear back and so do others on your thoughts.)

John
SPV Parts
317/934/6778
info @spvparts.com

38.jpg42.jpg46.jpg49.jpg

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacing looks a little tight with 7 lights, I'm personally in favor of 6.

Question though, is it possible to run 2 different types of lights on that mount? Like having 3 spots and 3 fogs or something to compensate for the mess of tiny lights going on in the corners? lol

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. Actually, Baja generally puts 3 versions of 2 each in those.
One pair of spots, one pair of wide cornering and one pair of driving combo.

Technically, the driving combo is 1/2 a spot and 1/2 a wide cornering.

But for others, you can also swap out a pair in yellow and control 2 yellows on one switch and 4 clear on another.

John

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a few more pics. First, the semifinal 3D model for what the BRACKETS will look like.

Then the Plastic printed light bar attached to an outline for fitment prior to the semi final brackets in the other pictures here. Tomorrow we should be able to get them both together.

Do you like the bracket design?

John

52.jpg51.jpg53.jpg54.jpg55.jpg

zachery55

Reaction score
forgive me if I missed this and I haven’t looked to be fair but is there a similar set up like this for behind the grille already? I feel this new grille wouldn’t block the lights nearly as much as previous ones and due to theft on everything anymore I dont trust the lights out front so trying to go behind grille.
Perhaps a bracket from the bumper would better achieve this versus the previous need to mount to the grille itself? Just spitballing things here.

I’d also love to see what can be done for the lower grille area, be it a bar or cubes maybe?
Any updates on the fog light pockets?

Also what lights backlighting match factory the best? I love Baja designs overall but really dislike the yellow over amber. Rigids seems to look the best factory and I do like the look of the diode dynamics but not how far they stick out. Maybe they can get sunk back in further? Havent seen any in person and I can’t seem to find any videos that show them all side by side with comparisons. I’ll need to check your videos again maybe you showed this already. That said I seen the BD LP9s? And those are an exact match to the amber. so curious if some of their other lights would fit and match that bill better? Would the LP9s fit behind the grille? Or be good enough for ditch lights only? Too big maybe?

Want to swap the two lights in fog pockets to look factory while adding a light in lower grille. All amber back lit. And then eventually(if needed) behind the grill lights.
And the ditch lights for sure too. Plan to hopefully repurpose the factory lights for the rear? And/or add some back there as well.

Appreciate the help and apologies for the long winded questions lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
forgive me if I missed this and I haven’t looked to be fair but is there a similar set up like this for behind the grille already? I feel this new grille wouldn’t block the lights nearly as much as previous ones and due to theft on everything anymore I dont trust the lights out front so trying to go behind grille.
Perhaps a bracket from the bumper would better achieve this versus the previous need to mount to the grille itself? Just spitballing things here.

I’d also love to see what can be done for the lower grille area, be it a bar or cubes maybe?
Any updates on the fog light pockets?

Also what lights backlighting match factory the best? I love Baja designs overall but really dislike the yellow over amber. Rigids seems to look the best factory and I do like the look of the diode dynamics but not how far they stick out. Maybe they can get sunk back in further? Havent seen any in person and I can’t seem to find any videos that show them all side by side with comparisons. I’ll need to check your videos again maybe you showed this already. That said I seen the BD LP9s? And those are an exact match to the amber. so curious if some of their other lights would fit and match that bill better? Would the LP9s fit behind the grille? Or be good enough for ditch lights only? Too big maybe?

Want to swap the two lights in fog pockets to look factory while adding a light in lower grille. All amber back lit. And then eventually(if needed) behind the grill lights.
And the ditch lights for sure too. Plan to hopefully repurpose the factory lights for the rear? And/or add some back there as well.

Appreciate the help and apologies for the long winded questions lol.

Yes, there is. We haven't popped the front grille out to verify it will fit 100% yet, however. I can tell you I am 99% sure it will cross over. We have someone installing one in a week or so. We just had been focusing on first trying to get these new mounts out. Again, we are 99% sure it will cross right over.

I will explain why. (I have done a lot of work with Ford and Roush over the years)

First, when it comes to manufacturing. Companies like Ford try to keep as many things/parts as they can the same for as long as possible.
Why is that? Well, every time you make a NEW part, you have to pay for a new mold. New design work, labor hours, etc. When you already have parts that can be reused, that saves the cost of all that.
So with a refresh, its a SKIN change. Of course there are electronic upgrades and headlights, etc. However, the SKELLETON underneath where the new select pieces attach can be the same.

For example, the hood is the same. The fenders are the same. The doors are the same. In the non 37 and R packages you get the Modular bumper now. If you get a 35 package, you get the Standard bumper. The standard bumper is the SAME from 2021-2023. However, the paint color is darker and the lover grille cover is open rather than honey comb. Those are snap on pieces. You can swap a 24 lower grille for a 21 and vice versa. They still fit into the bumper the same. It's just cosmetics.

Now, for the Upper grille. The outer grille is definitely a new piece. However, we believe the shutter panel that attaches to that grill is the same one from 2021-2023. It would make sense right? Because that is the part that bolts to the same FRAME as the older truck. Since the Shutter portion is where the behind the grille lights attach. We believe that it will cross over without issue. We already verified the lower MODULAR grille mounting points tonight with our lower 10" brackets. Even though it is a new bumper. The tabs, mounting points, etc are the same in the lower grille section as the standard bumper. Reusing that part saved Ford on design time. Here are some pics with our 2021-2023 lower grille mounts.

62.jpg64.jpg

Hopefully this helps. We will be able to verify 100% here soon, but I would bet my lunch they will go straight in.

We have those kits here.

So you have several choices as you can get the Baja Squadron 6 light Sport or Pro's, as well as 2X S8 10" or ONX6 light bars in clear or Yellow.

Now we took that a step further with our plug n play system and all the requests we had to do some different things.

With our bundled kits (same Baja Lights)

You can select ANY pattern combinations you want. As well as mix Yellow and Clear for multi switches. So you can have 2 Yellow, and 4 Clear Squadrons and Vice versa. Its all plug n play. Even with connectors for your switches.

Here are some links-

John
SPVparts

317/934/6778
info @spvparts.com

zachery55

Reaction score
Yes, there is. We haven't popped the front grille out to verify it will fit 100% yet, however. I can tell you I am 99% sure it will cross over. We have someone installing one in a week or so. We just had been focusing on first trying to get these new mounts out. Again, we are 99% sure it will cross right over.

I will explain why. (I have done a lot of work with Ford and Roush over the years)

First, when it comes to manufacturing. Companies like Ford try to keep as many things/parts as they can the same for as long as possible.
Why is that? Well, every time you make a NEW part, you have to pay for a new mold. New design work, labor hours, etc. When you already have parts that can be reused, that saves the cost of all that.
So with a refresh, its a SKIN change. Of course there are electronic upgrades and headlights, etc. However, the SKELLETON underneath where the new select pieces attach can be the same.

For example, the hood is the same. The fenders are the same. The doors are the same. In the non 37 and R packages you get the Modular bumper now. If you get a 35 package, you get the Standard bumper. The standard bumper is the SAME from 2021-2023. However, the paint color is darker and the lover grille cover is open rather than honey comb. Those are snap on pieces. You can swap a 24 lower grille for a 21 and vice versa. They still fit into the bumper the same. It's just cosmetics.

Now, for the Upper grille. The outer grille is definitely a new piece. However, we believe the shutter panel that attaches to that grill is the same one from 2021-2023. It would make sense right? Because that is the part that bolts to the same FRAME as the older truck. Since the Shutter portion is where the behind the grille lights attach. We believe that it will cross over without issue. We already verified the lower MODULAR grille mounting points tonight with our lower 10" brackets. Even though it is a new bumper. The tabs, mounting points, etc are the same in the lower grille section as the standard bumper. Reusing that part saved Ford on design time. Here are some pics with our 2021-2023 lower grille mounts.

View attachment 455178View attachment 455179

Hopefully this helps. We will be able to verify 100% here soon, but I would bet my lunch they will go straight in.

We have those kits here.

So you have several choices as you can get the Baja Squadron 6 light Sport or Pro's, as well as 2X S8 10" or ONX6 light bars in clear or Yellow.

Now we took that a step further with our plug n play system and all the requests we had to do some different things.

You can select ANY pattern combinations you want. As well as mix Yellow and Clear for multi switches. So you can have 2 Yellow, and 4 Clear Squadrons and Vice versa. Its all plug n play. Even with connectors for your switches.

Here are some links-

John
SPVparts

317/934/6778
info @spvparts.com
Appreciate the response I will get into this. Thank you!

zachery55

Reaction score

View attachment 455178View attachment 455179

We have those kits here.

Here are some links-

John
SPVparts

317/934/6778
info @spvparts.com
So question on the power grill part since it has the new 3 slats instead of the honey comb grille. Can pods be done instead of a bar? Should pods be done instead since it doesn’t just go behind now and would be covered by the slats? How many could I do there? And with that bracket 10 inch seems small can a bigger light bar fit in that section?

Zach Gen3

Reaction score
So question on the power grill part since it has the new 3 slats instead of the honey comb grille. Can pods be done instead of a bar? Should pods be done instead since it doesn’t just go behind now and would be covered by the slats? How many could I do there? And with that bracket 10 inch seems small can a bigger light bar fit in that section?
I will be installing 6x squadrons behind my 2024 grill today and can upload pics. It will likely be on instagram too @raptor_zach if you want to check there as well.