Baja Designs Light Kit vs. Fordrapterlights.com Kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chev those lights didn't arrive yet did they? I now they just shipped out the other day. Not sure how long shipping is from you but you are on the same coast as Baja Designs.

Let me know how you like them and be sure to post a photo when you get it all installed. The combination of Baja Designs lights with Jeff's bracket should be awesome (btw we added Jeff's brackets to our site... that's the FordRaptorLights.com bracket w/KC HiLITES)

OP
OP
ChevTillNow

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chev those lights didn't arrive yet did they? I now they just shipped out the other day. Not sure how long shipping is from you but you are on the same coast as Baja Designs.

Let me know how you like them and be sure to post a photo when you get it all installed. The combination of Baja Designs lights with Jeff's bracket should be awesome (btw we added Jeff's brackets to our site... that's the FordRaptorLights.com bracket w/KC HiLITES)

No Baja Lights yet! I think the shipping says Tuesday. I DID Receive Jeff's kit though; looks awesome... Will BE Awesome when I get those Baja lights and Onx6 in place.

Thanks for the GREAT DEAL you worked me; VERY PLEASED about that.

I will post up pics and night shots when I get them all installed. Thanks for all your help and pricing my friend... Glad to be your first customer on the forum :biggrin:

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the FRL bezel reinforced with metal where the lights bolt on, or do they just mount to the molded bezel. If the bezel, how sturdy are the mounting points? It appears in the pictures that they mount to the bezel.

Bluehinder

Reaction score
^^^ The lights mount to the metal bracket and snug up to the back of the bezel. They don't mount in any way to the bezel. The finished install is rock solid.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the FRL bezel reinforced with metal where the lights bolt on, or do they just mount to the molded bezel. If the bezel, how sturdy are the mounting points? It appears in the pictures that they mount to the bezel.

The bezel and bracket is one and the same. It's stainless steel -- the fairings the fairings are then inserted into to the bezel providing depth and direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why some folks here post that the BD is better and explain that the lights are better because of XYZ.....

Jeff's kit can be ordered with BD lights or practically any other manufacturers lights.

The BD kit (and 95% of all other "kits") is simply a bracket. VERY unfinished and cheap looking. Period.

Jeff takes this same bracket approach and goes above and beyond and finishes it to look and feel OEM.

The choice is very simple, if you don't care about aesthetics and like an unfinished look, go with 95% of all the other offerings available.

If you like a clean, finished look with a metric ton of attention paid to fit, finish and quality, then go with Jeff's kit. Jeff can provide one with any number of lights. BD too.