Baja Designs Light Kit vs. Fordrapterlights.com Kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seriously looking to buy lights for my fogs. I am trying to decide between what I (IMHO) consider the two top contenders, the Baja design bracket and lights, or the FordRaptorlight.com setup; I’m planning to use Baja design lights either way, and most likely the lights from the ultimate kit.

While I really like the finished look of the Fordtaptorlight.com kit, I am wondering between these two setups which one would put out the most light, using identical lights?

In other words I’m wondering if there would tbe any reduction in light output because of the 3 pocket kit setup and the way it is partitioned, verses the more open bracket style of the Baja kit.

The other thing I’ve been thinking about with the Baja setup, and the fact that it has a little more room, you can run a stronger wide cornering third light with the SQ sport, and especially the SQ Pro (LOTS of lumens!)

But the KC light in Amber, may indeed prove to be a reasonable fog light in case one ever needs to use a dedicated amber light for a foggy situation.

So bottom-line, the reason I started a new thread was to get opinions of both set ups away from the individual threads.

I also thought others may be having the same questions, and need more information to help with their decision.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and insight to help me spend more money on my Raptor addiction!:crazy:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seriously looking to buy lights for my fogs. I am trying to decide between what I (IMHO) consider the two top contenders, the Baja design bracket and lights, or the FordRaptorlight.com setup; I’m planning to use Baja design lights either way, and most likely the lights from the ultimate kit.

While I really like the finished look of the Fordtaptorlight.com kit, I am wondering between these two setups which one would put out the most light, using identical lights?

In other words I’m wondering if there would tbe any reduction in light output because of the 3 pocket kit setup and the way it is partitioned, verses the more open bracket style of the Baja kit.

The other thing I’ve been thinking about with the Baja setup, and the fact that it has a little more room, you can run a stronger wide cornering third light with the SQ sport, and especially the SQ Pro (LOTS of lumens!)

But the KC light in Amber, may indeed prove to be a reasonable fog light in case one ever needs to use a dedicated amber light for a foggy situation.

So bottom-line, the reason I started a new thread was to get opinions of both set ups away from the individual threads.

I also thought others may be having the same questions, and need more information to help with their decision.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and insight to help me spend more money on my Raptor addiction!:crazy:

Ok so if I understand correctly you want to know if there is a light output difference with the same lights just one (ford raptor lights) being in a bezel.

My answer is no to minimal, it should look about the same.

My opinion is ford raptor lights is by far the best kit out for a finished and functional look. Best of both worlds. Not throwing shade on anyone else so please don't take it this way, but stuffing three lights behind an opening with no bezel looks unfinished to me, especially when paying a premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference (if any) would be so marginal that it would be insignificant to mention it in the first place.

The kit designed and produced by Jeff (FordRaptorLights) is unquestionably the nicest kit available. His attention to detail is beyond reproach. My take is anyone with an OEM bumper is wasting money on ANY other pocket fog kit, that is unless they have no opinion on a finished, factory look.

The silicone gasket supplied in the kit is even color-matched to the bumper. Just think of the time it would take to source suppliers for such a specific item.

The kit is simply perfect for those of us not wanting to waste 2+ grand on a heavy bumper that interferes with the camera and blocks the design elements of the lower portion of the grill.

Now, add to this that Jeff's customer service skills are first rate!!!!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my @Baja Designs fog pocket lights out for a night drive in the woods. I adjusted them a bit after this drive. Moved the spots up higher and the driving lights in a bit.

This should give you a feel for the output at night, while driving. I wasn't tearing it up because I've hit far too many deer in my life. If you want function, the BD kit lights it up very well. Can't wait to get the BD 10" bar for my lower grill.

The difference in my view is form vs. function.

https://youtu.be/yxrb0n0TlS0

Last edited:

Erock4129

Reaction score
The difference (if any) would be so marginal that it would be insignificant to mention it in the first place.

The kit designed and produced by Jeff (FordRaptorLights) is unquestionably the nicest kit available. His attention to detail is beyond reproach. My take is anyone with an OEM bumper is wasting money on ANY other pocket fog kit, that is unless they have no opinion on a finished, factory look.

The silicone gasket supplied in the kit is even color-matched to the bumper. Just think of the time it would take to source suppliers for such a specific item.

The kit is simply perfect for those of us not wanting to waste 2+ grand on a heavy bumper that interferes with the camera and blocks the design elements of the lower portion of the grill.

Now, add to this that Jeff's customer service skills are first rate!!!!

Have to strongly agree here, installed mine this weekend, called him a few times with questions, he was extremely helpful and patient in helping me with the setup. His product is top notch, also used BD cubes, they speak for themselves.

OP
OP
ChevTillNow

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my @Baja Designs fog pocket lights out for a night drive in the woods. I adjusted them a bit after this drive. Moved the spots up higher and the driving lights in a bit.

This should give you a feel for the output at night, while driving. I wasn't tearing it up because I've hit far too many deer in my life. If you want function, the BD kit lights it up very well. Can't wait to get the BD 10" bar for my lower grill.

The difference in my view is form vs. function.

https://youtu.be/yxrb0n0TlS0

Nice! Thanks for doing that... Was that video with all light (headlights too...if so, lows or highs?) or JUST the BD fogs? Was this the Pro kit?

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for doing that... Was that video with all light (headlights too...if so, lows or highs?) or JUST the BD fogs? Was this the Pro kit?

I bought before the kits were put together. I have the squadron pro cube spots on the inside, squadron pro cube driving in the middle and S2 Pro wide cornering on the outside.

This is with headlights on high beam but the headlights aren't even noticeable, may as well have been off.

OP
OP
ChevTillNow

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought before the kits were put together. I have the squadron pro cube spots on the inside, squadron pro cube driving in the middle and S2 Pro wide cornering on the outside.

This is with headlights on high beam but the headlights aren't even noticeable, may as well have been off.

Thanks! The S2 Pro wide cornering light was kind-of the point of what I thought might make the biggest difference in the kits; the BD being able to accommodate more lights, while the FRL kit can only hold a KC.

I sure would like to see another "great night driving shot" like yours with the FRL kit, because your video was awesome and really shows off what is possible "in the real dark of night" :biggrin:

Either way I'm going BD like you did in wide/spot. The natural color is really nice... Just want to see the FRL kit "In Action"!