Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CGERM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow Raptor

via raptor_shenanigans (IG)

Check out more '17 and '18 Raptor Kits below:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-F-150-Raptor-17-Lighting-Kits.asp

25592043_1726720004057680_807706945317374272_n.jpg

39179911291_11740b170e_b.jpg

That’s a cute dusting lol.

c700ffaf7fd219ea215fb66ddb6a1774.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand in that photo is how come the driveway has NO snow on it at all but the ground/truck do? I'm guessing he has a heated driveway

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand in that photo is how come the driveway has NO snow on it at all but the ground/truck do? I'm guessing he has a heated driveway

Usually happens when you get snow on warm ground. It happens up here early in the season until the ground gets good and cold and then every little bit you get after that sticks immediately without thawing. Anything that doesn’t hold thermal heat (grass, shrubs/trees, insulated rooftops, etc) doesn’t melt the snow as it falls. Driveways, streets, non-grass covered ground will melt it initially. Or he could have a heated driveway, he’s a Raptor owner so he’s got to be rich enough to have a heated driveway, don’t we all? :biggrin:

frank20

Reaction score
Anyone have issues removing the rock guard covers from their lights? I put the amber covers on my s2’s for the snow the other day now I can’t get them off. They are really on. Tried prying the up and off, down and off, straight back and nothing. I tried after washing too so they should be clean. But jeez it shouldn’t be that hard. The ones I had on my rigid d2’s were a breeze to snap on and off. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have issues removing the rock guard covers from their lights? I put the amber covers on my s2’s for the snow the other day now I can’t get them off. They are really on. Tried prying the up and off, down and off, straight back and nothing. I tried after washing too so they should be clean. But jeez it shouldn’t be that hard. The ones I had on my rigid d2’s were a breeze to snap on and off. Any suggestions?

If you push in the center with your thumbs while lifting up the edge of the guard they should pop right off. We definitely didn't want them rattling off while in the dirt!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

LED update! Squadron and S8 Series Lights

Hey Everyone! We, The Scientists of Lighting, are always looking for ways to improve our products and have updated our Squadron Sports and S8 LED Light Bars. These now feature new and improved LEDs from Cree which boosts the lights up to 25%

Examples:
550003_l.jpg
Then: Squadron Sport - 1,800 Lumens
Now: Squadron Sport - 2,260 Lumens

S8-Logo-Image.jpg
Then: S8 LED Light Bar - 4000 Lumens per 10"
Now: S8 LED Light Bar - 4,520 Lumens per 10"

560003_t.jpg
Then: XL Sport - 1,800 Lumens
Now: XL Sport - 2,260 Lumens

Stay tuned for the latest and greatest from Baja Designs (BD)

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Don't forget your Forum Discount! Coupon Code: BDForums

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do we know which are which when we get the lights? I stock the lights so I'm curious

frank20

Reaction score
If you push in the center with your thumbs while lifting up the edge of the guard they should pop right off. We definitely didn't want them rattling off while in the dirt!

Thanks Bailey. I finally got them off. Probably doesn’t help that it was 10* out when trying to remove them.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do we know which are which when we get the lights? I stock the lights so I'm curious

It's a very minor LED change. We started this transition in 2017 and the NEW stuff has been shipping for a while now. Give our team a call or email your Sales Rep for more information on how to determine which models you have.

800-422-5292

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Thanks Bailey. I finally got them off. Probably doesn’t help that it was 10* out when trying to remove them.

Glad you were able to get them off! The cold weather certainly doesn't help.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

sirbentleybleu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Santa was good to me this year! Also, Bailey and Steven took great care of me to assist in the set up. The only thing that matches the BD lights is the BD customer service! Now I need to figure out how the m counting brackets from the S8 bolt to the truck. I hope it's straight forward once the grill is off. On another note, I'd love to meet the "Scientists of Lighting" engineers who are able to install the lights with the one zip tie included in each kit. I now own the complete set of raptor specific lights and still lack imagination to mount my own. Waiting on BD to come up with more options.