Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hmm... i wonder if you could mount some XL80’s or LP4’s there in place of the led bar...
should be more camera friendly.

There is an option coming out soon from Swarfworks for that. However, we also have an option from Foutz that mounts them lower in front of the bumper. However, if you have ACC, you'll need to relocate the sensor behind the grille.

The Swarfworks option below. It's not quite available yet, but will be coming out soon.

:

The Foutz option that is currently available.
4_8in_rounds_1200x.jpg
IMG_3301_2048x.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
N-Fab mount works as long as you don't plan to leave the pavement. The N-Fab mount can't properly support the weight of the lights. That's why Swarfworks has designed a new mount with proper reinforcement.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have similar thoughts, has anyone tried this? Or is there product that would perform the same purpose?

We also concur, do NOT run the N-Fab unless you're just doing it for looks. The N-Fab will not hold up under heavy offroad use. Here's one that will be out soon by Swarfworks. Much more robust and rigid compared to the N-Fab front mount and will have a front camera relocation kit option. Best of both worlds! Plenty of lights and no front camera being blocked.

YJzsx5c.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
N-Fab mount works as long as you don't plan to leave the pavement. The N-Fab mount can't properly support the weight of the lights. That's why Swarfworks has designed a new mount with proper reinforcement.

Not true, it'll hold up just fine. I speak from experience. Swarfworks is a nice mount, but it's not available yet (and nobody knows when)

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are there issues with the 360 camera with this?

hmm... i wonder if you could mount some XL80’s or LP4’s there in place of the led bar...
should be more camera friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We actually already have a Production option for this. They are in stock.

They can hold up to 5 LP6's, Several LP4's, Up to 10 S4 Lights, or several other combinations....

You can position them where the Camera is clear.

Here is a link to the kit on sale on our website. (Keep in mind, this is 7 Gauge Stainless steel with Black Textured Powder Coat and unlike the other mount options out there, this is a NO DRILL no modification, direct bolt on design. It does NOT interfere with the adaptive CC which the N-Fab and others do because they mount directly into the plastic panel in the bumper that is in front of the sensor.

Raptor Members also get their 10% discount with code RAPTORFORUM100

Feel free to call or text with questions - 317-93-GO-SPV

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...versal-light-mount-kit-lights-sold-separately

Be sure to pick out your lights from us for it as well. The combinations are endless, so we couldn't list them all so here is the page. If you DON'T see a light you want, contact us.. We will load it. If you see a better deal, contact us, we will do everything we can to meet or beat it.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/collections/individual-leds-and-brackets

See Pics Below-

IMG_6274.jpg IMG_6276.jpg IMG_6291.jpg IMG_6295 (1).jpg IMG_6297 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've successfully used the Zroadz brackets to install a Baja Designs 40" OnX6 Arc light bar on a Raptor. No drilling required. Totally bolt-in.

This will give you an idea of fitment, but will obviously have a Baja Designs light bar.

F143870495.jpg

We'd be happy to put a package together for you for the light bar, brackets, and wiring to work with your truck. Let us know if we can help!

Is there any way to simply mount it directly to the bumper?

All brackets I’ve seen (including the zroadz) raise the bar up off the bumper and thus causes more encroachment on the camera. This has been a problem for years yet every bracket does the same thing unnecessarily.

I’d be willing to do a direct drill hole into the bumper to mount a permanent light holding bracket. Don’t the lights come with a basic bracket for mounting? The F150LEDS paladin is mounted this way but I’d rather step up to either the Onyx6 or one of the Rigid RDS or RDS-SR.

The Paladin has very little camera obstruction because of the direct top of bumper mount.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to simply mount it directly to the bumper?

All brackets I’ve seen (including the zroadz) raise the bar up off the bumper and thus causes more encroachment on the camera. This has been a problem for years yet every bracket does the same thing unnecessarily.

I’d be willing to do a direct drill hole into the bumper to mount a permanent light holding bracket. Don’t the lights come with a basic bracket for mounting? The F150LEDS paladin is mounted this way but I’d rather step up to either the Onyx6 or one of the Rigid RDS or RDS-SR.

The Paladin has very little camera obstruction because of the direct top of bumper mount.

Yes, both the Baja Designs and Rigid lights come with brackets that you can mount directly to the bumper. As you mentioned, you'll need to drill a few holes but no problem if you don't mind drilling.

382C0F27-2868-45EE-8285-25F77A23785C.jpeg

Last edited:

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, both the Baja Designs and Rigid lights come with brackets that you can mount directly to the bumper. As you mentioned, you'll need to drill a few holes but no problem if you don't mind drilling.

Fantastic. Now to decide which one. Have you heard of anyone getting PPF to cover their light lenses from damage? Sounded like a good idea and can’t imagine it’d be too much for something so small.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 139842

Can I jump in and ask what light(s) are on the top of this bumper? Is this one bar or 4 separate lights? Direct mounted to the bumper? Any camera obstruction?