Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohh, not done yet. That customer, with the black truck, stopped by the shop the other day... check out what he's done now

88344341_227239828322253_8160907864966168576_n.png

He's still trying to find more places to mount some more Squadron Racers. (That lower 10" bar is an OnX6 Full Laser btw)

He should be able to hang some XL80’s underneath that bar, just spit ballin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi BD I recently bought and installed a S8 grille kit for my 2018. After installation I noticed that the passenger side of the light is about 1/4" lower.

What are your guys thoughts? I'd bet that the bracket wasn't bent ad the correct position.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi BD I recently bought and installed a S8 grille kit for my 2018. After installation I noticed that the passenger side of the light is about 1/4" lower.

What are your guys thoughts? I'd bet that the bracket wasn't bent ad the correct position.

Hi Blu808,

Sorry to hear there was some trouble with the install. Do you mind sending an email to our technical support representative, Matt? His email is [email protected]. He should be able to help out and determine what went wrong. Thank you.

-Paul M.

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh, not done yet. That customer, with the black truck, stopped by the shop the other day... check out what he's done now

88344341_227239828322253_8160907864966168576_n.png

He's still trying to find more places to mount some more Squadron Racers. (That lower 10" bar is an OnX6 Full Laser btw)

That’s bad ass! You know the scene at the start of Back To The Future when Marty is turning on all the amplifiers for his guitar? That’s what I picture switching on all those lights feels like [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey BD....

Have you thought about changing the S8 to bracket bolt to a SS hex cap head bolt? I have my S8 installed, but not wired yet. No way to adjust with the provided bolts without removing grill, but sure looks like you could with hex cap head and lock washer. Sure hope I got it aligned, but if I have to take it apart to adjust then going to try finding SS hex head and see if that works.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BD....

Have you thought about changing the S8 to bracket bolt to a SS hex cap head bolt? I have my S8 installed, but not wired yet. No way to adjust with the provided bolts without removing grill, but sure looks like you could with hex cap head and lock washer. Sure hope I got it aligned, but if I have to take it apart to adjust then going to try finding SS hex head and see if that works.
I was able to get a ratchet wrench on mine to loosen and aim mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey BD....

I use a 1/4” drive socket+swivel adapter+4” extension connected to 1/4” driver to adjust. I can get to both sides by going through the grille. I think I took pictures in my s8 install thread.