Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh. I've had really good luck with first year models. As long as they are finding and fixing the issue, I'm cool. Releasing it with a known issue, different story.

Me too, except for that one dodge purchase - that horrid experience was enough to keep me clear of any of their crap and I suspect that will never change for me.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing, we will learn more over the next few days even if ford does not publically announce anything as those with produced trucks, or stickers and build dates, will see dates move around. Just guessing......though.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.2 2010 came with 100 miles on it with a note from Ford. I never knew for sure but apparently it was transmission related.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor is a submodel of F150. Albeit the Raptor this year is a new introduction in the aluminum F150 line, it is not something I would really consider a first year model. I have complete faith that Ford will get this right and if they don't, they will make it right.

I'm confident they will get this right, until dates are pushing beyond December we don't need to panic.

The Gen 2 actually is quite a bit different than the F150 where the Gen 1 is an F150 submodel. The Gen 2 uses a different frame, motor, suspension, body. The Gen 1 was just the suspension and body. Fairly significant difference as those are major components. Kind of funny when when people say "It's not an SVT" when in fact it's a lot more special than the Gen 1 ever was.

colt.smithson

Reaction score
I'm confident they will get this right, until dates are pushing beyond December we don't need to panic.

The Gen 2 actually is quite a bit different than the F150 where the Gen 1 is an F150 submodel. The Gen 2 uses a different frame, motor, suspension, body. The Gen 1 was just the suspension and body. Fairly significant difference as those are major components. Kind of funny when when people say "It's not an SVT" when in fact it's a lot more special than the Gen 1 ever was.

"Kind of funny when when people say "It's not an SVT" when in fact it's a lot more special than the Gen 1 ever was."

:hidebehindthecouch:
Here they come... the gen1 guys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

"Kind of funny when when people say "It's not an SVT" when in fact it's a lot more special than the Gen 1 ever was."

:hidebehindthecouch:
Here they come... the gen1 guys....

:)