AutotecPro 14.4" Screen - Install and Tech Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Here's the link to the one I purchased. Some people have got them from Alibaba but I wanted at least a chance of some tech help or customer service if needed (turns out, it WAS needed with bezel).

So, I slapped everything together and tossed it in there last night. :emotions36: Couldn't help myself. I'm happy to report that EVERYTHING WORKS! CarPlay, the original Sync system, OEM cameras, Youtube, and all the rest of the apps I've tried.But, I didn't install the 4G antenna(s) because I'm not using any of that right now. I also just kept the GPS antenna balled up under the center channel speaker (seems to work fine. Either that or it's using the OEM one, not sure)

Sooooooo..... sometime this weekend I'm going to take it all out and tidy some things up. I'll take pictures then. I also need to figure out some things with the tablet in general. It has SO MANY settings, it's going to take a while to wrap my head around it all. (I'm Android impaired) So, more to come!

Snapped this on the way home from work this evening :cool:
View attachment 442246

YOU.

Have won FRF today. The best anyone else can do is come in 2nd.
2nd place is first loser.

#Respect

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the link to the one I purchased. Some people have got them from Alibaba but I wanted at least a chance of some tech help or customer service if needed (turns out, it WAS needed with bezel).

So, I slapped everything together and tossed it in there last night. :emotions36: Couldn't help myself. I'm happy to report that EVERYTHING WORKS! CarPlay, the original Sync system, OEM cameras, Youtube, and all the rest of the apps I've tried.But, I didn't install the 4G antenna(s) because I'm not using any of that right now. I also just kept the GPS antenna balled up under the center channel speaker (seems to work fine. Either that or it's using the OEM one, not sure)

Sooooooo..... sometime this weekend I'm going to take it all out and tidy some things up. I'll take pictures then. I also need to figure out some things with the tablet in general. It has SO MANY settings, it's going to take a while to wrap my head around it all. (I'm Android impaired) So, more to come!

Snapped this on the way home from work this evening :cool:
View attachment 442246
Man well done. Yeah there is roughly a $350 price difference between the two but they are the same unit right? Contemplating them now.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nice... a "preprogrammed" start? Old retiree can't have his truck too cold or hot when it's time to leave work! :cool:
I remember when I was all young and innocent, pricing out the ’17 Raptor on Ford’s site, thinking “I have no need for a heated steering wheel and I don’t really GAF if the rear seats are cold. etc., etc. Of course, after getting mugged by reality, and having to weave through literally scores of stealerships to avoid ADM, the truck I landed has everything but c/f.

Hell yeah I use the heated wheel, for those chilly mornings in Texas, when it gets down to 50. :p

Gotta admit this thing looks sharp. Last I read here, previous units had some latency and periodic bugs, so curious to hear how this performs.

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Sux balls when I have to drive a work vehicle that does not have all my "niceties".
Nice... a "preprogrammed" start? Old retiree can't have his truck too cold or hot when it's time to leave work! :cool:

That will be a little tough for me to test. Truck stays in the garage (heated) and I'm not going to leave it outside in this garbage (Michigan). The garage is right below our master bath. So, running inside is a no-no.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work though. The FP App network throws a signal to the truck and starts it's internal systems whether it's lock/unlock or start. I was standing in the garage when I tested it and didn't have keys anywhere around me. I heard the truck power-up systems about 15 seconds before it executed the command from the FP app. Should do the same on a schedule.

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man well done. Yeah there is roughly a $350 price difference between the two but they are the same unit right? Contemplating them now.
Yeah it sounds like they are all the same unit according to what I've read. Autotec does sales every now and then so it could be closer in $$$ if you wait around for one of those. I think I paid just about $1k for this one.