Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to mess with the toggle switches for the lights, so I'm not sure how the wiring works, but in theory one could route a jumper circuit from the auto start/stop switch to one of the overhead toggle switches and use one of those to turn it on/off. I might look into that.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever discount you received for posting your shill review here is fine, but this $120 product is nothing more than a couple of switches in a nice package. Price should half of what it is. Ironic that you don't want to pull a factory plug, but are ok connecting an aftermarket product with no Ford support into your wiring harness? :emotions33:

Forscan and pull the plug methods are legit, 100% safe, and most importantly FREE.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the memory function of this product. Should be default from Ford (but is not allowed obviously).

Anyway, probably I will go the Forscan route, can not imagine (now) I ever want the start-stop active.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had 10 days of living with a Raptor but the feature is not as bad as I thought it would be. I reserve the right to change my mind when the 100 degree days are back. Over the course of time I suspect it will save me a few bucks.

There is something odd bout the behavior though, it does not always activate, as in shut off when I come to a complete stop. This morning I noticed it twice, once I was just a short distance from the house so I thought maybe it doesn't shut down until the engine is fully heated. But then much later on in the drive it did it again, so who knows, I'll try to pay more attention to the behavior.

I don't mind a shutdown at a long light or waiting to pull out of some parking lot. But it is not a good feature for extremely short stops, as in a 4-way stop sign with zero traffic. So at stop signs I allow a slight creep now, just to keep the turbos oiled and not have to hit the starter for nothing. I expect to get a ticket for a "California stop" sometime, I can see the judges face when I try to tell him I was just oiling my turbos.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind a shutdown at a long light or waiting to pull out of some parking lot. But it is not a good feature for extremely short stops, as in a 4-way stop sign with zero traffic. So at stop signs I allow a slight creep now, just to keep the turbos oiled and not have to hit the starter for nothing. I expect to get a ticket for a "California stop" sometime, I can see the judges face when I try to tell him I was just oiling my turbos.

I am 10 days in as well, and this is exactly how i am doing it now. Rush hour, stop and go traffic is the only place I actually turn it off.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has parameters that have to be met to shut down. Such as engine temperature, outside air temperature, inside air temps, voltage draw, accessory load, speed at which the break pedal is applied, and throttle position. Fun facts you can override it by coming to a stop very very VERY slowly, you can also just press on the accelerator ever so slightly when coming to a stop, and it won't turn off.

But regardless it's a ******* marketing scam and another evil invention created solely to improve the goverment MPG test, but has zero real world benefit.

And just to speculate based of zero evidence, it's probably the reason for the cam phaser issue in the first place.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had 10 days of living with a Raptor but the feature is not as bad as I thought it would be. I reserve the right to change my mind when the 100 degree days are back. Over the course of time I suspect it will save me a few bucks.

There is something odd bout the behavior though, it does not always activate, as in shut off when I come to a complete stop. This morning I noticed it twice, once I was just a short distance from the house so I thought maybe it doesn't shut down until the engine is fully heated. But then much later on in the drive it did it again, so who knows, I'll try to pay more attention to the behavior.

Like 8WOOD has said, it has parameters it checks before it activates. It won't activate if the engine's not warm, or when the wheels are turned (e.g. as in you're getting ready to turn right on red). If you only apply a small pressure on the brake pedal, it won't activate either. With these in mind, I am able to only have it activate when I want - when I'm stopped for a longer duration at a red light.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can look through the instrument cluster submenus, one of them is auto stop/start status and will let you know why it isn't shutting down when you expect it. So far I've seen "engine warming", "heating/cooling", "vehicle charging" and one other one when I used the 110v power inverter (can't remember the exact wording). I added it to my MyView screen on the first tab of the cluster.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is something odd bout the behavior though, it does not always activate, as in shut off when I come to a complete stop.

just to keep the turbos oiled and not have to hit the starter for nothing

You do not need to "oil the turbos" in this truck as they cooled by the engine coolant system through convection even when the engine is off. You are thinking of older systems where the turbos were only cooled by oil.

The various parameters of start/stop have been mentioned already, but I will add that it will also disable start/stop if the truck is in sport mode, 4H, or 4L as well.

j3ff

Reaction score
Whatever discount you received for posting your shill review here is fine, but this $120 product is nothing more than a couple of switches in a nice package. Price should half of what it is. Ironic that you don't want to pull a factory plug, but are ok connecting an aftermarket product with no Ford support into your wiring harness? :emotions33:

Forscan and pull the plug methods are legit, 100% safe, and most importantly FREE.

anyone have a pic or more detail on where this plug is located; because i am all about pulling that bad boy...