Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the double post; I’m new here and was unsure where to post this; I posted it in the electronics section, but it hasn’t received any attention. I believe this will work, but maybe not.
So I, like many of you, have hated the idea of the AutoStop feature in my truck from day one, and sought to permanently disable and/or remove it from my truck. While I realize the purpose behind the feature is fuel saving, I believe one does not buy a truck, let alone a performance truck with fuel economy in mind; others will surely disagree, but that is not the point here, and I will not beat a dead horse further; I wanted rid of it.

I began my searching and discovered the various methods that are available for doing this, but was not happy with the process, outcome, or possibility of the unknown. I have read about Forscan, but changing values in the PCM sounds a lot like “jail breaking” an iPhone, and I did not want to run the chance, no matter how slim of one exists, of “bricking” my truck. Tuning my truck and having my tuner of choice disable the feature is all well and good, but I am not interested in tuning my truck at the moment, or maybe ever, as it could also result in warranty denial and so forth. The jumper wire method and trailer light tester method both seemed a little gimmicky for my taste, and frankly I wasn’t about to do either one of those to my truck.

I had actually believed that I may have to live with the feature, and constantly remember to push the off button at every single key cycle. That was, until my discovery of the Autostop Eliminator. One day while browsing the local Craigslist I came across and ad describing a device that seemed to good to be true; a device that looked “factory”, permanently disabled the AutoStop function in my truck, allowed me to still use the AutoStop feature if I ever chose to, and could be completely removed from my truck without Ford ever being the wiser; preserving the warranty on my very expensive truck.

I was fortunate enough to be able to test and review this device for its creator, and I am pleased to report that it installs easily and functions flawlessly. The Autostop Eliminator is in my opinion the safest and smartest way to disable the AutoStop feature in our trucks. The eliminator device is completely “plug and play” as it connects directly between the factory wiring harness and the physical AutoStop button on our dash. The device operates in a way that is truly intelligent; it remembers and retains what position, ON or OFF, you the driver has selected, and only changes state when you want it to. I have had the Autostop Eliminator in my truck for over a month and have had zero issues, hiccups, or problems. I absolutely recommend this product for any Ford Raptor owner, or regular F-150 owner that like me has no use for the AutoStop feature in our trucks. Don’t rig your AutoStop; Eliminate it!

TRL Automotive, LLC is responsible for the Autostop Eliminator and Travis at TRL went out of his way to get me an Autostop Eliminator, even though he had already tested it out himself in his personal F-150 Raptor. I was so pleased with the product that I offered to purchase it, after it was given to me, and all Travis asked for was an honest review. In speaking with Travis several times on phone I can tell that he is as passionate about his cars and trucks as we all are, and got the distinct impression that while his shop is successful, it probably is not the multi-million dollar facility that most of the aftermarket greats have; when you purchase an Autostop Eliminator you are not only buying a quality product for your truck, you are also helping support a small business.

You can purchase your Autostop Eliminator from https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

*If you head over before November 7th you can enter to win a Autostop Eliminator!
View attachment 115031

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or just remove the plug in under the steering wheel. Takes 2 seconds and can be reversed in 2 seconds.

Frankly, unless you trailer or like to go back and forth with auto stop, this method is a no brainier

OP
OP
Tin Can Rap

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just remove the plug in under the steering wheel. Takes 2 seconds and can be reversed in 2 seconds.

Frankly, unless you trailer or like to go back and forth with auto stop, this method is a no brainier

I had seen a youtube video concerning this method, and the comments are loaded with people claiming that unplugging the cable you referenced results in unwanted safety measuring equipment being disabled as well; not sure how substantiated the claims are, but I felt better about the solution I found.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had seen a youtube video concerning this method, and the comments are loaded with people claiming that unplugging the cable you referenced results in unwanted safety measuring equipment being disabled as well; not sure how substantiated the claims are, but I felt better about the solution I found.

Nope. No safety equipment disabled.
Pull the plug. This is the way to go IMO.

But if you feel better about the way you did it then that's all that matters!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keeping the A/C on the lowest setting also prevents the engine from shutting off. The lowest setting is needed about 10 months of the year here.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jump wire in the button forces it to default to off. Fast easy and fully reversible!

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will still shut off at lights with the A/C on, but if it's on max A/C it won't.

Plugging something into any of the 110v charge ports seems to disable it.

I really don't mind it at all though, figure it really is saving fuel in stop and go traffic so I don't bother to disable it unless I'm offroad, which the mud/sand and baja drive modes do anyway.