Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I, like many of you, have hated the idea of the AutoStop feature in my truck from day one, and sought to permanently disable and/or remove it from my truck. While I realize the purpose behind the feature is fuel saving, I believe one does not buy a truck, let alone a performance truck with fuel economy in mind; others will surely disagree, but that is not the point here, and I will not beat a dead horse further; I wanted rid of it.

I began my searching and discovered the various methods that are available for doing this, but was not happy with the process, outcome, or possibility of the unknown. I have read about Forscan, but changing values in the PCM sounds a lot like “jail breaking” an iPhone, and I did not want to run the chance, no matter how slim of one exists, of “bricking” my truck. Tuning my truck and having my tuner of choice disable the feature is all well and good, but I am not interested in tuning my truck at the moment, or maybe ever, as it could also result in warranty denial and so forth. The jumper wire method and trailer light tester method both seemed a little gimmicky for my taste, and frankly I wasn’t about to do either one of those to my truck.

I had actually believed that I may have to live with the feature, and constantly remember to push the off button at every single key cycle. That was, until my discovery of the Autostop Eliminator. One day while browsing the local Craigslist I came across and ad describing a device that seemed to good to be true; a device that looked “factory”, permanently disabled the AutoStop function in my truck, allowed me to still use the AutoStop feature if I ever chose to, and could be completely removed from my truck without Ford ever being the wiser; preserving the warranty on my very expensive truck.

I was fortunate enough to be able to test and review this device for its creator, and I am pleased to report that it installs easily and functions flawlessly. The Autostop Eliminator is in my opinion the safest and smartest way to disable the AutoStop feature in our trucks. The eliminator device is completely “plug and play” as it connects directly between the factory wiring harness and the physical AutoStop button on our dash. The device operates in a way that is truly intelligent; it remembers and retains what position, ON or OFF, you the driver has selected, and only changes state when you want it to. I have had the Autostop Eliminator in my truck for over a month and have had zero issues, hiccups, or problems. I absolutely recommend this product for any Ford Raptor owner, or regular F-150 owner that like me has no use for the AutoStop feature in our trucks. Don’t rig your AutoStop; Eliminate it!

TRL Automotive, LLC is responsible for the Autostop Eliminator and Travis at TRL went out of his way to get me an Autostop Eliminator, even though he had already tested it out himself in his personal F-150 Raptor. I was so pleased with the product that I offered to purchase it, after it was given to me, and all Travis asked for was an honest review. In speaking with Travis several times on phone I can tell that he is as passionate about his cars and trucks as we all are, and got the distinct impression that while his shop is successful, it probably is not the multi-million dollar facility that most of the aftermarket greats have; when you purchase an Autostop Eliminator you are not only buying a quality product for your truck, you are also helping support a small business.

You can purchase your Autostop Eliminator from https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

*If you head over before November 7th you can enter to win a Autostop Eliminator!
IMG_3601.jpg

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some, but I use the trailer wire method for free.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are some, but I use the trailer wire method for free.

Something is up with this method. I had mine disconnected for a few weeks. In the beginning, the light would light up when I came to a stop indicating "auto stop" was not available. (A with cross)

But as time went on....great weather... no ac...come to a stop light....and the indicator would never come on.

I ended up plugging it back in and I am learning to live with it. Except for stop and go traffic, it is not intrusive at all.....and I can actually notice about a 1mpg benefit with it on.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had no issues with it, and it preserves back camera/cross traffic, etc. The auto-stop, for me, was annoying because it always seemed to do it just as you came to a full stop at a stop sign, etc., causing a slight delay o top of the stop. Longer stops cut off A/C, which was a no-go here in SC. Plus, I just don't think firing the engine over and over and over is really good for it...just a gimmick to game the city MPG course/circuit.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the trailer wire disconnect (for free) which worked flawlessly, until I needed the trailer wire for reverse lights. I switched to the Forscan fix ($25 for the OBD interface) and by changing one digit on one line of code ESS permanently deactivated. You can do so much more with it, and it costs so much less.