"Auto" climate control sporatic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my truck to the dealer a couple weeks ago and this exact issue was one of the reasons. they told me there were no codes and it was fine and proceeded to tell me that I didn't understand how the "automatic climate control" was supposed to work. really?? I've had 30+ vehicles and THIS ONE is the only one I don't know how to use properly? So, I asked if it was 90 degrees out and my truck sat outside all day while I was at work and I started it with the climate control set to 60 degrees... shouldn't it blow out ice cold with the fan on the highest level, only blowing out softer as it gets closer to it's set goal of 60 degrees? Their answer, no. the climate control only controls the temp, not the fan (fu*king idiots). So I asked them what is so automatic about my automatic climate control?

anyway, yes.. I have the same issue and no, my dealer won't consider anything wrong with it.

OP
OP
c19dale

c19dale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am going out of town next week and leaving my truck with the dealer to look at the auto climate issue and the driver window switch is also intermittent. Being that they are both intermittent, I suspect they won't be able to duplicate it and can't fix it unless they can duplicate it....but hey....giving them a shot before I get upset.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's useless going to the dealer... I just click mine out of auto and then back in and it works. Super aggravating, but I would rather do that than deal with the idiots they have working at dealerships.

IMSHAKN

Reaction score
I took my truck to the dealer a couple weeks ago and this exact issue was one of the reasons. they told me there were no codes and it was fine and proceeded to tell me that I didn't understand how the "automatic climate control" was supposed to work. really?? I've had 30+ vehicles and THIS ONE is the only one I don't know how to use properly? So, I asked if it was 90 degrees out and my truck sat outside all day while I was at work and I started it with the climate control set to 60 degrees... shouldn't it blow out ice cold with the fan on the highest level, only blowing out softer as it gets closer to it's set goal of 60 degrees? Their answer, no. the climate control only controls the temp, not the fan (fu*king idiots). So I asked them what is so automatic about my automatic climate control?

anyway, yes.. I have the same issue and no, my dealer won't consider anything wrong with it.

I took my truck in to the dealer and told me the same thing as you! And they went into the setting of the remote start and put the A/C on last setting not in auto and told me that was the problem. Now my problem is if i use my truck at night when i dont need my a/c on get to my house and in the morning use my remote start the a/c does not turn on i have to manually turn it on. Going back to the dealer this week to see what they are going to tell me