****** in an Infinity Qx70 got an education in Raptor performance this morning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with hammering on the throttle from time to time. My daily commute has me in stop and go traffic most of my drive. So when I get a little open road, you're god d-mn right I'm gonna open it up a bit.

If you think what OP did is illegal or stupid, please turn in your Rap keys and go select your favorite Prius color.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with hammering on the throttle from time to time. My daily commute has me in stop and go traffic most of my drive. So when I get a little open road, you're god d-mn right I'm gonna open it up a bit.

If you think what OP did is illegal or stupid, please turn in your Rap keys and go select your favorite Prius color.

But someone might DIE YOU MONSTER.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's not what I happen to think, it's what IS. Had an accident occurred as a result of the OP's poor judgement this discussion would have taken a completely different course.

And I'll keep my Raptor keys, buddy. I drive as if (GASP!) there are actually other living people on the road with me. Even the Prius drivers are safe around me.

And what the hell? Has America become so self absorbed that any selfish, thoughtless, irresponsible behavior is just jim dandy? Just this past week there were two high speed pursuits of vehicles driving the wrong way on I-80 near where I live. Is that okay in today's me first culture? Aren't maturity, responsible behavior and sound character trending any more?

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not what I happen to think, it's what IS. Had an accident occurred as a result of the OP's poor judgement this discussion would have taken a completely different course.

And I'll keep my Raptor keys, buddy. I drive as if (GASP!) there are actually other living people on the road with me. Even the Prius drivers are safe around me.

And what the hell? Has America become so self absorbed that any selfish, thoughtless, irresponsible behavior is just jim dandy? Just this past week there were two high speed pursuits of vehicles driving the wrong way on I-80 near where I live. Is that okay in today's me first culture? Aren't maturity, responsible behavior and sound character trending any more?

I get what you're saying Ruger, but hell in January I got T-***** in my 2011 f150 just driving down the road, no stop lights, no stop sign....A 17-year-old literally turned right into me totaling my damn truck, and guess what I was doing the speed limit and doing nothing wrong. Point is there is inherent danger/risk in every day in and out same old routine life. But I will say, I open my raptor up sometimes also, doesn't mean I am putting anyone else at risk. Hell you get on a plane you are taking a big risk, better hope those pilots are real comfortable with limitations/ memory items!

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Last night (7pm) was driving wife’s Yukon and saw a Raptor at a stop light going the other way. His light turned green and he took off through 3rd gear - sounded cool and looked badass. Watching one go is pretty neat as I can’t see mine when I’m in it if that makes sense. Roads were totally clear- I felt zero sense of fear for safety.

Worst part about this forum and why I seldom visit here anymore is the constant bickering that just won’t die. If you’ve stated a contrary opinion leave it at that...continuing to state it is simply annoying.

BlackCobra

Reaction score
"I am not a street racer type," but today you drove like a teenaged boy with a brain full of hormones.
And you think it's okay because, um, well...
HEY, how is risking yourself, your family's future, and everyone else on the road okay as you f**k with a stranger on a public road?
If a law enforcement officer saw that you and your fellow "******" wouldn't have just gotten cited, you'd have both been arrested.

I bet you're a blast at parties.

MileHighMike

Reaction score
I get what you're saying Ruger, but hell in January I got T-***** in my 2011 f150 just driving down the road, no stop lights, no stop sign....A 17-year-old literally turned right into me totaling my damn truck, and guess what I was doing the speed limit and doing nothing wrong. Point is there is inherent danger/risk in every day in and out same old routine life. But I will say, I open my raptor up sometimes also, doesn't mean I am putting anyone else at risk. Hell you get on a plane you are taking a big risk, better hope those pilots are real comfortable with limitations/ memory items!
I know my memory items and limitations very well thank you!!!! Hahaha