Around we go again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new emission standards we won’t be able to buy these hot rods.
according to the EPA's estimates, up to 67% of new vehicles sold in 2032 may have to be electric in order for carmakers to be in compliance.
I was reading about that crap the other day. The carmaker has to hit like 100 mpg average across the board. Due to some magical maths to do with EV MPG and ICE MPG....apples...oranges... i dunno. Honda was the example. A 42-47 mpg Accord (I think, maybe Civic) will have less builds b/c it reduces the overall mpg of the company, and it is one of the most efficient vehicles.

Force it down your throats.

WhiteMamba

Reaction score
The TRX looks great and the base price is cheaper than the Raptor R. Dodge Trucks, like the TRX, come pretty bare and cost a pretty penny to add just some upgrades, which they love to bundle in packages. To get the TRX with the features you expect in the highest end of trucks, you are having to buy the $10K package at the minimum. Ford on the other hand, though they cost a little more than similar competitors, they come already stock with a ton of options and upgrades are easier and cheaper to add. To get the TRX up to where the Raptor R is, or even just the Raptor, the final cost is at around the cost of the Raptor R. Don't pay over MSRP, ever. Chevy/GMC do similar things to Dodge in that the base is pretty cheap but very bare and the upgrades are costly and require a lot, though they don't make you buy an expensive bundle like Dodge, you end up buying a lot of smaller bundles which add up. The AT4X keeps the look of a traditional truck so to get the aesthetic of an off-road truck, you would have to get some work done. The 2024 year should be coming around July which will cause dealerships to drop prices for the trucks on their lots. If you're looking for a Raptor, I would suggest to wait until the 2024 year and just get the TRX now. Ford is doing a complete change to increase quality and thwart supply chain woes while also putting great pressure on dealerships to charge at MSRP.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you want to be wowed. You should be looking at an M series BMW X5 then.

Sounds like TRX is next best bet, and it’s under sticker. Skip the Raptor 37 if you’re not off-roading. You’ll get bored fastest with the GMC.