Are gauges must have on supercharged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yes, what gauges to have? How many of you have installed gauges? I would like to see installed photos to get some ideas. Thanks!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is currently being worked on but along with the whipple I added the following gauges: fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, vaccuum/boost, water temp, air/fuel, and volts. I didn't really want to rice up my interior but since I am pushing my luck with a small (3.125") pulley, full exhaust, and a monoblade throttle body, I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on things.

I have a dimmer switch being wired in so I can turn them dark at night (to avoid unwanted attention).

It's my busy season at work right now but once I get the truck back and get a chance to put some miles on it I'll report back.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is being worked on too, started today. What brand of gauge are you using? The shop recommended autometer elite series boost/vacuum and air/fuel guages, but they are $300 a piece...

My truck is currently being worked on but along with the whipple I added the following gauges: fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, vaccuum/boost, water temp, air/fuel, and volts. I didn't really want to rice up my interior but since I am pushing my luck with a small (3.125") pulley, full exhaust, and a monoblade throttle body, I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on things.

I have a dimmer switch being wired in so I can turn them dark at night (to avoid unwanted attention).

It's my busy season at work right now but once I get the truck back and get a chance to put some miles on it I'll report back.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is being worked on too, started today. What brand of gauge are you using? The shop recommended autometer elite series boost/vacuum and air/fuel guages, but they are $300 a piece...

Six are Autometer C2s. The 7th (which will go in a pod over the steering column) is an autometer carbon fiber.

Again, would rather not have riced up my interior but having blown up several engines in the past, I want to know what's going on.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 4 gauges. Aeroforce which reads like 15 different things, then 3 on the A pillar which are boost, a 0-60, quartermile, etc speed guage, and battery volt meter. Got one form JDM(the a pillar), and areoforce on line somewhere. They are certainly not mandatory, but they look cool, and I really like the boost, and temperature guage. It does help to have an idea on a lot of the factors that impact the SC like air temp, oil pressure, etc.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Roush gauge holder that goes in one of the a/c vents with just a vacuum / boost gauge. I special ordered from Autometer to look as close as I could to match the factory gauges. I did upgrade it to an LED bulk.

boost%252520guage.jpg

boost%252520guage%252520night.jpg

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want a good wideband Air Fuel gauge at a minimum.

I have had good luck with a Dyno Jet over the years in my Lightning. They Dyno Jet has a warning light you can setup so that can help you out.

Just be sure you put it somewhere you can see it without having to look away from the road. When you need it you will be on the gas hard so you don't want to be searching for it.

Fuel Pressure and Boost are other good ones.

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Whipple SC and had the shop install the A pillar tripod mount. I went with boost to keep a eye for safety the voltage to make sure my battery was in good shape and gauge 0-60 ,1/4 mil hp,just for fun. I have the Cobolt gauges that light up blue. This set up wasn't cheap but looks good IMOImageUploadedByTapatalk1453572000.203415.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the view on the most up one? seems a bit close to the face.

I have a Whipple SC and had the shop install the A pillar tripod mount. I went with boost to keep a eye for safety the voltage to make sure my battery was in good shape and gauge 0-60 ,1/4 mil hp,just for fun. I have the Cobolt gauges that light up blue. This set up wasn't cheap but looks good IMOView attachment 72951