Anyone that switched from small car to the raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radio_man

Reaction score
I'm moving from a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport to the Raptor. I drove a full size pickup over a weekend once, but otherwise just vehicles similar in size to the Fusion.

Also, I just learned from the dealership that my Raptor is unscheduled/clean. First update since I placed the order in October.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from driving two smaller vehicles to the Raptor.

2011 Subaru STI hatch and 2006 Toyota Tacoma AC to this BEAST of a truck!
This truck is so wIIIIde, it's taking some getting used to.

OP
OP
V

vladi

Reaction score
I went from driving two smaller vehicles to the Raptor.

2011 Subaru STI hatch and 2006 Toyota Tacoma AC to this BEAST of a truck!
This truck is so wIIIIde, it's taking some getting used to.

what else besides the wide? and what about the wide stance? just parking or staying in lanes? what kind of town do you live in?

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what else besides the wide? and what about the wide stance? just parking or staying in lanes? what kind of town do you live in?

Mainly seeing around the front and front sides of the truck while driving, parking, pulling into garage. I find I use the front and 360 cameras A LOT. I suck at parking this damn thing.

When backing up, I'm used to just looking backwards out the back window. Not as easy with the Raptor, but it's got cameras. I use my side mirrors a lot more now. This will take some getting used to.

Street driving I seem to be ok with. My previous years of pulling a trailer through the city helps with this I guess.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 3series BMW. The first week it felt huge. It's felt smaller everyday since.

My first car was a 78 Ford LTD country squire. About the same length as my raptor screw, so I feel like a teenager again. Except the station wagon took about 15 sec to hit 60. Softer ride. lol

Similar boat. What 3 series? I have an E90 and will eventually be going to a Raptor. I'm tired of climbing "down" into my lowered 335i and taking the abuse of the stiffer suspension on these terrible NE roads.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar boat. What 3 series? I have an E90 and will eventually be going to a Raptor. I'm tired of climbing "down" into my lowered 335i and taking the abuse of the stiffer suspension on these terrible NE roads.

I also had an e90 --- 2006 325xi.

I love the visibility (and everything else about my raptor). Huge upgrade. Detroit roads are notorious for car swallowing pot hole. No big deal now.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily driver had been a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta and before selling it I used a Toyota FJ Cruiser for the weekends. Now I daily drive the Raptor and once in a blue moon I hop in the Jetta. Biggest difference is ride height. It's a trip to go from something so low to the ground and then be feet off of it. You can actually make eye contact with truck and SUV drivers now. It takes a little getting used to with the steering and making turns. The smaller cars whip in and out and the Raptor is a much bigger frame so it is a longer pull. That and your turn radius shrinks by a lot. Braking, I can never see much of a difference. Every car is different in that regard. I generally notice manufacturers have the same feel rather then car type for braking.

As many observed, parking is now something you have to pay attention to. Generally I park farther out to avoid the a-holes and seek out the big parking spots. Also if there's a curb spot, I hop it. Avoid any and all parking garages. Those narrow turns are a pain in a truck. Also be wary of poor designed fast food drive thrus.

Best part to owning a truck, when merging into traffic, cars tend to move out of your way. Think rules of the road out on the ocean, nobody intelligent cuts off a Container Vessel.

JJC

Reaction score
Trading out of a SL550 to '17 Screw. Imagine it will take some getting used to but can't wait to start