Anyone take pics from the Philly show?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can still get black door handles and black mirror caps. The painted handles and mirror caps probably come with something like the luxury package option.

Black handles and mirror caps

2017-ford-f-150-raptor-6_800x0w.jpg

Painted handles and mirror caps

sam-8533-1.jpg

I actually like both looks but after seeing a good side by side the black handles and black mirrors do look a little better than painted.

mike.s

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but the black plastic on my mirrors was all scratched up from hitting bushes out in the desert. They certainly didn't seem very durable to me.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The beauty (and durability + appeal) of the gen 1 abs plastic door handles is that they match the look of the front vents and bring the eye along towards the back of the truck. They balance the look and add some contrast. I've never been a fan of painted flares or handles but I have class so I understand your perspective and don't necessarily DIS like the gen2 clean look, I just like the contrast slightly more.

I'll gladly roll with you gen2s if you'll have my standard class ratty ass plastic handles.

I agree I do like the contrast of the vents & flares and stuff vs a full color matched truck, but I hate the raw black plastic that fades and turns white from some waxes. A solid color would be much nicer, even if a contrasting color. The flares are a solid color and hold up great to fading or waxes. Having painted handles stock though makes it easier to wrap them or get them painted in a contrasting color, vs trying to sand and paint a textured raw plastic one.

I don't know about you guys, but the black plastic on my mirrors was all scratched up from hitting bushes out in the desert. They certainly didn't seem very durable to me.

Nope, cheap raw plastic that fades to boot. As mentioned some vinyl wrap on the handle would make it way more durable yet still keep a better look than XL level plastic handles on a $60k truck lol

I just noticed the roof to top of windshield line isn't straight across..... strange.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

As mentioned they're all like that, so replacaements shouldn't be any crazy different amount. Also it's done like that as a design cue from the Atlas Concept that was a big hit, the windshield and roof was even more accented like that, so it's a design cue they carried over from the atlas concept.

cept-unveiled-previews-next-f-150-photo-gallery_12.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None of the plastic / rubber parts have faded on my truck, but I use Adam's VRT on all these parts every time I wash. They ALL look brand new. I do understand that if you get wax on them, that it looks bad. A little Isopropyl Alcohol will remove that. And wether it is fact or coincidence, since I've used the VRT, I haven't had any heavy scratching. I do like the contrast of the plastic / rubber as it matches the flares and other black parts.

mike.s

Reaction score
I really like the roof rack system on the Atlas. I wish they would bring that into production.