Anyone see the Ford oil consumption warnings this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJDevil

Reaction score
Have not seen any loss yet, we'll see how it goes after round 1 of cam phaser replacement

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 19 had no oil on the dip stick at 5k miles. got an oil change 500 miles ago, the oil level is still full (on the second dot).. so far so good

build date was January 18

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine is holding steady , seems they all like to use a quart or more in the first 5,000

tabs2000

Reaction score
My check engine light came on this Monday. I took it to my dealer and they are changing out the valve covers.

I had know idea about this issue and asked the dealer if this was a common problem. He didn’t really give me an answer.

My oil level has always been fine as far as I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked mine today for the first time since changing it 1400 miles ago with royal purple at 5600 miles. Still exactly on full. I am starting to believe the “uses oil until 5k” because before the oil change it was using about a quart every thousand miles or so and I was really worried there was an issue. Maybe from the factory Ford puts in some cheap ass break in oil or something? I am going to keep monitoring until 10 k and if it’s using I’ll take it to Ford for service and let them know and have it checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lilgsx96

Reaction score
I checked mine again today. 1 quart low again! 2019 Truck 2900 miles Build date 2/19. At 1800 miles it was a quart low I added a quart. 2800 miles a quart low again. Do add another quart and play this game to 5000 miles? Or do I take it end and have them replace the valve covers?

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 was low after approximately 3000 miles from last oil change performed by me.

So how does the TSB work for this? Do you just contact your dealer and tell them its consuming oil?

DDP