Anyone see the Ford oil consumption warnings this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think middle is full. Maybe someone can confirm? I have 3k on my 18 and it's been in the middle since I bought it a year ago.
It has to touch the top hole on dip stick , I checked it after my last oil change from the ford dealer .

Last edited:

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8CC700DC-9C93-4281-A087-B323D3E574D2.jpeg 5EE6DBAB-5315-442B-835C-84205FF2CB52.jpeg 322415E0-06B6-4EFA-B5F4-805950C23F40.jpeg 40AA5B0D-A033-4E31-A8BF-E45C1D71CC2B.jpeg Well this isn’t exactly about oil consumption, but maybe something to look at when you’re down there. At about 2500 miles I did my first oil change. The mechanics saw some red fluid around my skid plate. He said it was very little but nonetheless a leak. All the seals were replaced oil was changed and I was sent on my way. Fast forward 5000 miles and I Brought my oil and filter to the mechanic to do my second oil change.”Drew the mechanic preferred to do it himself so he could look around underneath there. On taking off the skid plates he noticed a few droplets of red fluid again. He said that they were going to replace everything forward of the driveshaft. They kept it for around six days. He said the four bolts were the hold up. Bottom line is check for those red droplets. None was visible on the ground, as it was very little. I believe he said there was no TSP for it. This is a 2019.
I would’ve never known as the truck has driven perfect, no warning lights, and transmission never heated up.
For what it’s worth I was given a king Ranch with the 3.5 eco-boost. The raptor rides much smoother and isn’t quite as jumpy if that makes any sense when pushing on the gas.I believe it had the FX four package on it which could’ve made it ride so much rougher. It was just like the gas pedal was very light which made the truck feel jumpy. I can honestly say I’ve never driven in a truck quite like the raptor

Last edited:

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update, scroll way up for context.

I'm now 2,500 miles since the "no oil on stick" incident. Checked oil level again and there's been no movement at all, catch can has heavy residue hardly any accumulation.

I'm calling my case one of underfill from factory and dealership that skipped thier checklist.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm now 2,500 miles since the "no oil on stick" incident. Checked oil level again and there's been no movement at all, catch can has heavy residue hardly any accumulation.

I'm calling my case one of underfill from factory and dealership that skipped thier checklist.

Good to hear you have no oil consumption.

My feeling is the assembly plant puts the minimum amount of oil. Then Ford expects the dealers to check the fluid levels and top up where required. But of course, it doesn’t happen. So much for PDI.

I didn’t check my oil level upon delivery. In retrospect, I should have because it was low by about a quart. My coolant was a little low as well.

The service department won’t see my face or money ever.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you have no oil consumption
The service department won’t see my face or money ever.
I expect to ONLY take it to an authorized (FoMoCo) service center while in the warranty period.

I've taken full responsibility for not checking my oil when I took delivery. It is one of the most basic things a car owner can do for what, 90 Years?

As a kid who grew up on late '60s tech, because I could buy a running 60-70 jalopy for ~$250 in 1980, we all know to check that chit. But as someone who grew old and fat and lazy in the 90s I stopped checking, at least when buying new OEM vehicles with full warranties. Seriously, out of well over a dozen vehicles purchased new from multiple OEMs (foreign and domestic) I've never experienced a brand new vehicle being under filled at delivery.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 18 used a quart the first 5,000 , it stopped after that. My 19 did the same til 5000. Ill keep track

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

not to be killjoy and all, but youre only 2500 miles into a 10k mile change interval. Yeah, you can change it sooner, but just trying to put some context in this.

if you
re babying it, dont. If your truck does have a problem now is the time to expose it under warranty, not scores of thousands of miles later. Cane it.

Even so... it does sound promising.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

I had similar experience on the "factory" oil. They didn't PDI the oil level or the tire pressure. Anywho, getting ready to pass 28k, no issues after the first oil change.

lilgsx96

Reaction score
Checked my day one of ownership and it was filled to the 2nd dot on the dipstick. Check again at 1000 miles and it was halfway between the two dots but still good. Checked today at 1802 miles and it’s at the bottom dot. (Quart low).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts