Anyone go from a Gen 3 Raptor to EV Lightning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

grkmec

Reaction score
Do you drink bud light?

About 30 years ago when I wanted to splurge. There is only so much Natty Ice I could drink, but was tough to beat a 30 pack for $10.

Now I prefer a nice red wine or scotch. Will leave the bud light to the trannys or for Kid Rock to use as target practice.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, you guys are brutal. I didn't realize I would stike a nerve. I love my 2018 Raptor. But I am also intrigued by new tech. I actually have orders for the following vehicles:

2023 Bronco Raptor with build date of 4/19/23
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER with an estimated delivery date of June - Aug 2023
2023 F150 Raptor 37. Dealer took my order, I am next in line, but he has no current allocation. So I assume will get bumped to MY 2024
GMC Hummer (ETA who the hell knows)
Tesla Cybertruck (2025 maybe ?)

I like big trucks and I can not lie.
Tough crowd here. Thinking most haven't driven an EV. Rented a Rivian pick up a few weeks ago - crazy fast and capable. Got me thinking about moving towards something like that. Lightning is a nice truck - wouldn't try and use it to tow but lots of positives (looks vs. the Raptor isn't one of them). Nice on your Bronco Raptor coming up!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tough crowd here. Thinking most haven't driven an EV.
I've driven a few. They're fast. But they suck off road. And have pitiful range. And they're inconvenient to refuel. And the crappy range drops in half if it's cold or hot. And they're expensive. Stoplight speed is low on my priority list once it meets a reasonable minimum. Which the stock gen 2 does handily. But somehow I'd want an EV if I weren't so ignorant? Please explain.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven a few. They're fast. But they suck off road. And have pitiful range. And they're inconvenient to refuel. And the crappy range drops in half if it's cold or hot. And they're expensive. Stoplight speed is low on my priority list once it meets a reasonable minimum. Which the stock gen 2 does handily. But somehow I'd want an EV if I weren't so ignorant? Please explain.
Well I have had a couple of Model Y’s, I like the instant torque as well as the ability to have a conditioned cabin at departure time. I also get the range issue in the cold which is why we now have an X5 PHEV. Better for our use case.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I have had a couple of Model Y’s, I like the instant torque as well as the ability to have a conditioned cabin at departure time. I also get the range issue in the cold which is why we now have an X5 PHEV. Better for our use case.
So EVs are better, but you don't own one? Right. At this point in their technology, they're decent second cars for rich people who own something else good for road trips. It will be interesting if the massive scaling back of the Federal tax credits affects sales.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So EVs are better, but you don't own one? Right. At this point in their technology, they're decent second cars for rich people who own something else good for road trips. It will be interesting if the massive scaling back of the Federal tax credits affects sales.
Had one for two years and like I said I like the PHEV better for our purposes. To each their own.