Anybody running the Cooper AT3 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have them on raptor but had them on my 2500 i traded for it. Great tires for 3 season driving and light off road use. Very quiet and smooth riding tire.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking into these tires myself. They seem like They will be good tires for my typical use (on highway, rain, snow, etc.). I do wonder if they will be aggressive enough for the few times a year I plan to go off-roading. I’m not looking to go mud bogging but I have seen some pictures and videos of various runs and they look to have a fair amount of mud.

There is a forum member who is currently running XLT’s @nikhsub1

I would be interested to hear how they have been for him.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best truck tire I've ever had. Granted, I have not been offroad with them yet but reports and reviews are very good from what I've seen off the pavement. The KO2s are the ********* tires, I do not get the love for them. Wet tractions is like driving on ice, they are loud when just a few thousand miles on them etc. These Coopers are the bomb IMO, plus, they are the same weight as the OEM C rated KO2 but they are E rated. Love this tire.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to hear. They are definitely in my top 5 that I am planning on running. Any concerns with the 2 ply sidewalls? I know that logically a 3 ply should be tougher assuming the ply thickness are equal, but does that seem to be a failure point with tires off-road? I assume this failure would be a bulge/bubble on the side wall or a cut?

scs29732

Reaction score
Just had those loud and lousy BFG KO's taken off of my 2012 Raptor. Second set, less than 30,000 on each. I have lifetime alignment, balance and rotation, and participate in that at every oil change, so the tire was definitely the issue. Put the Cooper AT3 XLT's on and WOW! The difference is astounding! The road noise difference itself is WELL worth it! They are grippier, seem to give better of a control feeling and they look great! My MPG has increased as well. That was my LAST set of BFG's. Not doing that again, on ANY of my my trucks.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had those loud and lousy BFG KO's taken off of my 2012 Raptor. Second set, less than 30,000 on each. I have lifetime alignment, balance and rotation, and participate in that at every oil change, so the tire was definitely the issue. Put the Cooper AT3 XLT's on and WOW! The difference is astounding! The road noise difference itself is WELL worth it! They are grippier, seem to give better of a control feeling and they look great! My MPG has increased as well. That was my LAST set of BFG's. Not doing that again, on ANY of my my trucks.
Yup, they really are that good.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those loud and lousy BFG KO's taken off of my 2012 Raptor. Second set, less than 30,000 on each. I have lifetime alignment, balance and rotation, and participate in that at every oil change, so the tire was definitely the issue. Put the Cooper AT3 XLT's on and WOW! The difference is astounding! The road noise difference itself is WELL worth it! They are grippier, seem to give better of a control feeling and they look great! My MPG has increased as well. That was my LAST set of BFG's. Not doing that again, on ANY of my my trucks.

I can agree on all points here except the MPG's, mine went down after I went from stock size KO2's (with 20-30% tread) to brand new stock size AT3 XLT's.

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at these in a 37. D load and only 68 pounds a tire. My 25lb Method Roosts should make this setup equal to or lighter than OEM wheels and stock KO2s.