Anybody installed the Whipple tune yet??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
I finished the install as well, it went smooth and the truck runs amazing. I am not all that impressed by the CAI. It’s not bad but I don’t know why they didn’t just make a top for it? I might swap it out for the injen I have on the bench.

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
i been running toyo rt 35s. so per the instructions was just changing to 2777mm

I snapped a pic before I tuned the truck in anticipation of having to renter the info for tire size. This sis what it said before flashing. I did not have to renter it so can’t comment in the process.

Attachments

• FF548CC5-6E89-4E56-A86E-9CF0BABF2AEF.jpg
    FF548CC5-6E89-4E56-A86E-9CF0BABF2AEF.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 66

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished the install as well, it went smooth and the truck runs amazing. I am not all that impressed by the CAI. It’s not bad but I don’t know why they didn’t just make a top for it? I might swap it out for the injen I have on the bench.

I wasn't a fan of how the air temp sensor is just shoved into a grommet. Here is the Ford Part # for the OEM connection. I may use some Devcon plastic steel with some black dye to glue the OEM connection into the new pipe. edd945dc05cbd7fcfea18ea31654461e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Here are a few pictures.

spark plugs with 9k miles. dirty as hell.

You have something else going on there. My plugs have 7,000 miles and are light coffee brown. I always run 93 from a name brand vendor. No fuel additives to date.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the dirtiest of my Plugs at 7000 miles

Attachments

• 55057A71-F8C9-4F6A-9182-BDBF6A1A147A.jpg
    55057A71-F8C9-4F6A-9182-BDBF6A1A147A.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 87

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run it hard. Only 93 all the time and 91/92 when out west. Manual says change every 12k when under heavy use which is why i changed and pointed it out.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it better to stick the SP550 spark plugs or go with the NGK LTR6IX-11 6509 spark plugs?

Also, @solarwinds , you mentioned buying your plugs at Ford Depot, you have a link to that shop? (cant seem to find it online)

thx!

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run it hard. Only 93 all the time and 91/92 when out west. Manual says change every 12k when under heavy use which is why i changed and pointed it out.

That is really odd. In my track cars that I run hard the plugs are usually closer to white than coffee, due to the extreme cylinder temps. My stock Raptor is the same way. Those plugs look really rich or a lot of oil is getting back in those cylinders.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another spark plug question.

Would it be a idea to use plugs that are one step colder?
would that reduce the chance of the spark plug causing preignition?

6 is stock temperature, so perhaps use 7?

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is really odd. In my track cars that I run hard the plugs are usually closer to white than coffee, due to the extreme cylinder temps. My stock Raptor is the same way. Those plugs look really rich or a lot of oil is getting back in those cylinders.

That's because you run them hard, and you are running a little lean.. which is why you see a lot of white. I'm surprised the Raptor would have white on the plugs, unless you are WOT all the time and maybe a higher elevation.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Another spark plug question.

Would it be a idea to use plugs that are one step colder?
would that reduce the chance of the spark plug causing preignition?

6 is stock temperature, so perhaps use 7?

Yes.

Use the Motorcraft SP542's and gap to .025"

That's what I'm doing and if you Google it, many other Ecoboost 3.5 owners do the same for many reasons.