any tuners know how to retune a whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a 14 shelby with the Whipple tune. if you have a whipple you know how lame their tune is, soggy throttle response etc....
JDM has tried for 2 weeks to figure out how to write a tune for it, but the strategy code is not available, and their guy is super busy and cant get around to work on it....
anyone else have any suggestions on who can do this?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JDM can't write a Tune for you? Can you tell us more about this?

Which Whipple Tune do you have?
Whipple/Ford Tune or one of the SCT Tunes from Whipple or did American Shelby have one of their own?
I'm assuming it's the SCT Tune since you have stated that you tried a JDM Tune. Yes?

What are the mods to the engine? Pulley size used on the SC, Headers, cat-backs, etc....?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JDM can't write a Tune for you? Can you tell us more about this?

Which Whipple Tune do you have?
Whipple/Ford Tune or one of the SCT Tunes from Whipple or did American Shelby have one of their own?
I'm assuming it's the SCT Tune since you have stated that you tried a JDM Tune. Yes?

What are the mods to the engine? Pulley size used on the SC, Headers, cat-backs, etc....?

they tried. whipple/ford hides the strategy code. JDM's tune wouldnt run above 1/4 throttle, like it was in a valet mode. ive waited for 2 weeks for their tuner to work with me on this but he has been out working at drag races. i can either keep waiting for them or send them back the SCT tuner i bought for a refund. its pretty iratating to spend the money on a throttle body and tuner from them and then they cant deliver and they want me to keep waiting.....
its a base whipple, with longtube ARH headers, and borla catback. it runs whipples normal pulley but it builds 10lbs of boost.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a The Whipple/Ford Tune you cannot load a Tune on there!!!!
Did the SCT Tool confirm completion? Not even Ford dealers can do anything.

You would have to send your PCM back to Whipple and have them remove the encrypted Tune and load your original OEM Tune back on to the PCM.

Then you can load Tunes from third party Tuners.

Do yourself a favor and call Whipple next week they know what Tune you have by your vin#

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a The Whipple/Ford Tune you cannot load a Tune on there!!!!
Did the SCT Tool confirm completion? Not even Ford dealers can do anything.

You would have to send your PCM back to Whipple and have them remove the encrypted Tune and load your original OEM Tune back on to the PCM.

Then you can load Tunes from third party Tuners.

Do yourself a favor and call Whipple next week they know what Tune you have by your vin#

thats not really true. they have been cracked before, but the 14 strategy code is a new one. it can be and has been done before. John Lund and JDM have retuned the whipples with SCT even with the ford/whipple tune. ill get it done

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCT Whipple Tune is locked but not encrypted. So I guess Shelby sent you a SCT Tool with your truck?

Trust me nobody cracking the highly encrypted Whipple/Ford Tune ( THE ONE WHERE YOU HAVE TO SEND IN YOUR PCM )

The Tune files are all from the GT 500 that Ford released unencrypted years back.

If Shelby sent your PCM to Whipple for the Tune, you have the encrypted Tune,
there is nothing you can do but send your PCM back to Whipple!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCT Whipple Tune is locked but not encrypted. So I guess Shelby sent you a SCT Tool with your truck?

Trust me nobody cracking the highly encrypted Whipple/Ford Tune ( THE ONE WHERE YOU HAVE TO SEND IN YOUR PCM )

The Tune files are all from the GT 500 that Ford released unencrypted years back.

If Shelby sent your PCM to Whipple for the Tune, you have the encrypted Tune,
there is nothing you can do but send your PCM back to Whipple!!!!!!!!

dude i have already had a whipple raptor WITH a Ford/Whipple encrypted tune AND I HAD IT RETUNED! please quit saying it cant be done, i HAVE had it done. and i have had a GT500 retuned as well. i dont know where you get your info, but its wrong.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to be helpful. (Some comments I type earlier in this post, I edited because I want to be nice)

And I was in error with my statement that there's nothing you can do but return your PCM back to Whipple,
yes you can remove the encrypted Whipple/Ford Tune and load another Tune back on it. My bad!!!

But you still haven't made it 100% clear! Boomer
"Does Shelby American give you a SCT Tuner Tool with your OEM Tune on it, and the truck is running a Whipple SCT Tune?"

Or are you just uploading the Tune from the PCM with and previously owned SCT Tuner Tool and emailing that Tune?
I'm just trying to get edumacated on how Shelby is setting up their trucks.

And just to make it clear they did retune the Whipple/Ford Tune!
They where able load a different Tune.

Last edited: