Any takers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spread the word. This nonsense only stops when the consumer refuses to do business with clown dealerships.

View attachment 366052

View attachment 366053
It’s so out of control there’s a website up compiling markup data from user submissions and submitting them to Ford.

F’in Clowns.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serious question what happens when it breaks? Where is closest service dept?
Software fixes and updates are done "over-the-air"
For mechanical issues, they have a mobile service that comes to your home.
On top of this they have started to build a service center network:

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And this rift between dealers and Ford doesn’t just affect new vehicle sales. Last week I took my Gen 2 in for service and had with me a list of the TSB’s from Ford I needed to address; the minute I brought up the manufacturer communications, service advisor adopted a zero fks given attitude, said it’ll be weeks till they get to it, and then insisted it would be better to use my ESP (more $$$ for them) and they would likely then get to it much sooner. I laughed and left. Drove to another dealer who were all rainbows and unicorns until I showed them the TSB’s and again, flipped a switch, and said they wouldn’t be addressing any those “manufacturer concerns” until late September.

What a circus.
Can confirm that with a recent case.. I currently have a 2021 F150 with 6k miles and a rear window wouldn't come up anymore during a trip in Los Angeles. I talked to all LA-area Ford dealerships to get it fixed as I needed to park the truck outside the hotel over night. None of them was able/willing to help. "Come next week and we need the truck for a week" was the answer I got the most. I ended up getting it quick-fixed at an independent shop. For the record: Issue was the switch.
My conclusion: Even for service and warranty work, there is no value in the current dealership model anymore.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can confirm that with a recent case.. I currently have a 2021 F150 with 6k miles and a rear window wouldn't come up anymore during a trip in Los Angeles. I talked to all LA-area Ford dealerships to get it fixed as I needed to park the truck outside the hotel over night. None of them was able/willing to help. "Come next week and we need the truck for a week" was the answer I got the most. I ended up getting it quick-fixed at an independent shop. For the record: Issue was the switch.
My conclusion: Even for service and warranty work, there is no value in the current dealership model anymore.
That's a frustrating experience for sure. Same with dealers that won't address TSBs for weeks or months. One issue they are having though is they can't find enough techs to do the work, so they are going to focus on the work that brings them more money. I have no idea how the price structure works for reimbursment from Ford for TSB resolution, but I imagine it's not as much as a lot of their other types of work. From ADMs to lack of service in the service department it's no wonder everyone (other than dealers) wants dealerships to just go away and do a straight to consumer type of situation. The next several years are going to remain very interesting in the automotive market.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crypto and other investments have allowed the fortunate to drive up ADM...

So if someone had 30 or 40 bitcoin or doggo or what ever the hell in 2019/2018. They are millionaires overnight and can buy these trucks. The Raptor R should be a 80k truck. The regular raptor should be 55. The TRX should be 75-80. People keep buying them at 10 20 30 over and the dealers know this. So we might as well just sit back and watch the chaos.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. I get a stomach ache whenever I think about going to my Ford dealer for service. I get free oil changes and I voluntarily crawl around on my garage floor getting filthy because it's less unpleasant. I feel the need for a shower either way ...

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a frustrating experience for sure. Same with dealers that won't address TSBs for weeks or months. One issue they are having though is they can't find enough techs to do the work, so they are going to focus on the work that brings them more money. I have no idea how the price structure works for reimbursment from Ford for TSB resolution, but I imagine it's not as much as a lot of their other types of work. From ADMs to lack of service in the service department it's no wonder everyone (other than dealers) wants dealerships to just go away and do a straight to consumer type of situation. The next several years are going to remain very interesting in the automotive market.
There is zero incentive for dealer service to make warranty work, TSB related or not, a priority over out of pocket or third party ESP work. None. And while it makes sense, this was news to me and something I learned first hand last week. I took my Gen 2 in for 4 TSB related issues this past Friday. 3 covered under 60k Powertrain while the 4th covered under 60k Safety & Restraint warranty. I’m at 52k miles.

Service absolutely insisted I provide them with my third party ESP warranty info and tried telling me repeatedly that my truck is out of warranty. I gave it to them, and then produced printed copies of all the TSB’s from Ford and handed it to the service manager. All of a sudden it went from out of warranty talk to it’ll be several weeks till we even get to it and if you don’t leave your truck here now to sit and wait it won’t be serviced.

I left. Went to another dealer who, upon seeing my printed list of service concerns related to TSB’s, told me they aren’t addressing any concerns related to TSB’s until end of September sorry.

I called Ford Customer Care. Asked what it was that I was now supposed to do. The guy gave me a very much appreciated honest explanation of what was happening…under Factory Warranty Ford pays a set labor rate to the dealer along with set prices on parts. Thus, the dealer receives less money for a lower labor rate and parts as opposed to the higher labor rate and markup on parts charged by the dealer when the work is paid for out of pocket or through third party extended service plans.

Monkeys fking coconuts is what’s happening. I have an appointment this coming Monday at my last option in the area, a dealer who made headlines for doubling the price of the new Lightning.