Any Intake recommendations??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85ca25792e91fb9b7a69625517b53de5.jpg

Hard to tell if this by itself has gains. Maybe can be measured. Probably not enough to feel. Definitely useful when tuned.

I do love the added sound. Bit of spool and lot more growl when WOT.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. HF & VHF Connected.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 'Super Raptor' Dual 3-1/2" Cold Air Intake System w/dual paper cone filters a couple months ago. Fits perfect, uses stock lower air box, snaps right on top of it. All sensors transfer over. It has an H-tube to balance flow in the 2 intake pipes. Im running the AFE prefilters too to keep the fine desert dust out of the main filters. The Raptor runs great with this CAI. I can feel the difference in low end acceleration up to 3,000 RPM. Easier to smoke the tires off the line now. A Tune, a Performance Turbo to Intercooler Downpipe, and Flowmaster dual exhaust will help realize the full performance gain. It looks great under the hood! It does not increase intake noise or turbo whistle though IMO. It is a very top quality CAI made in USA.

If you catch it on sale you can buy it for a little over $600. If you sign up for the AFE newsletter on their website you get 10% off first purchase. AFE has great free phone tech support too from their office in Cali.

There are many on FRF who will say that all CAI's do nothing. But I swear this one helps performance. AFE has flow increase specs on their website as well. And no I do not work for or sell AFE. I researched all the CAI's for Raptors and this one seemed best. The only downside of this CAI is its not CARB Certified so not legal in Calif.

Aloha, HT

20190131_152255.jpg

20190131_152457.jpg

20190131_152417.jpg

20190131_152343.jpg

Last edited:

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought the Roush air box kit for my 2017 Raptor mainly because it has an EO number so its legal in California. I also put an Outerwears skin over the dry filter for an extra layer of protection. I LOVE it ! More power for sure and love the engine / turbo noise I can hear now. No tune, runs great. I was skeptical because it is an open air box that seals to the hood. I've been in super wet conditions, super dusty conditions and in quite a bit of snow for long periods. Zero intrusion in the airbox. I'm very surprised and pleased that it actually does seal to the hood. 10k miles for far with this mod and the Outerwears cover and filter are TOTALLY clean still. WAY better than stock and legal.

Anarchy99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AFE super raptor, I like it, I didn't take the "swirlers" out but thinking about trying it one of these days.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AFE super raptor, I like it, I didn't take the "swirlers" out but thinking about trying it one of these days.
Yea, I didnt take them out either. And you have to be sure to put that angle cut tube in on the drivers side to prevent CEL from coming on.

JC Whitney used sell "Vornado" swirlers for intake tubes back in the 90's. I forget what they were suppossed to do...

:shrug:

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I didnt take them out either. And you have to be sure to put that angle cut tube in on the drivers side to prevent CEL from coming on.

JC Whitney used sell "Vornado" swirlers for intake tubes back in the 90's. I forget what they were suppossed to do...

:shrug:

I loved JC Whitney !! I remember the Vornado or whatever it was called.

The Roush air box kit I got stated to leave the swirlers in place. So I did.

Anarchy99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it’s been a big debate for like 8 years lol but most of the EcoBoost guys pull them out.