Any aftermarket exhaust available for the R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This video is the most detailed I’ve seen about the 2024 changes. At ~ 42:00 the engineer said the trombone EL exhaust and “a couple” other changes will come to the V8 late in the model year. That’s pretty annoying if I’m being honest. So basically early 2024 R’s will be bastardized and miss “a couple” changes that late cycle 2024’s will have. Why?? The Raptor taking part in a mid-cycle refresh was annoying enough, but now you’re making “running changes” mid model year? Cool

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video is the most detailed I’ve seen about the 2024 changes. At ~ 42:00 the engineer said the trombone EL exhaust and “a couple” other changes will come to the V8 late in the model year. That’s pretty annoying if I’m being honest. So basically early 2024 R’s will be bastardized and miss “a couple” changes that late cycle 2024’s will have. Why?? The Raptor taking part in a mid-cycle refresh was annoying enough, but now you’re making “running changes” mid model year? Cool

The punishment of an early adopter?

In all honesty, I think the days of a "model year" are pretty much gone. Think about how the cost changes several times during a model year, and back in 2018, that wasn't a thing. COVID changed a lot, and this is the new norm.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trying not to whine too much, as I am thankful to have found an R at a reasonable price. I would have taken a 23R in a heartbeat if I found one before my 24 order arrived.

Frofan

Reaction score
I can’t watch that entire video at the moment. What ‘24 mid year refresh changes are they reporting?

Frofan

Reaction score
On the exhaust topic. I’m torn between the Borla Atak or Magnaflow system. The Magnaflow seems to sound less raspy but it’s hard to tell if it’s just audio quality related. Which system is everyone else leaning towards?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m trying not to whine too much, as I am thankful to have found an R at a reasonable price. I would have taken a 23R in a heartbeat if I found one before my 24 order arrived.
This is why I just pulled the trigger on my 23R this year, it was the last new one in the country I could find in the color I wanted and at a price I could stomach. Unfortunately cars and trucks are like phones now and there’s something newer out literally 2 months after you get yours. I’m getting really tired of looking out for the latest and greatest and upgrading, shopping, etc, it’s exhausting. So at this point just really happy with what I have, the R no matter what is an incredible machine.

With that said I’m always curious with what changes they’re making and why. The EL trombone change really has me wondering. If it has anything to do with power and going from 700 to 720 then they sold the early 24 guys a false bill of goods, or it has nothing to do with power and is just about sound. If it’s just about sound why not just use that trombone from the beginning? They’ve been using it since 21 in the 3.5. None of it makes too much sense to me.