Antenna Cable / Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZDezRat

Reaction score
New member here, and first post (besides intro).

I've got a strange question - the 2013 Raptor I recently purchased has fiberglass front fenders, and the previous owner seems to have decided to just delete/forego the radio antenna. And, I'd quite like to get radio reception.

Not having owned one of these trucks, I therefore have no idea where I might find the radio antenna cable. And, I'd rather not disassemble the dashboard to find the damn thing. So, can anyone point me to where I might find the cable? Where does it exit the firewall? And, do I need to remove a fender to get hold of it?

Any insight is appreciated - including any advice on what might make a good antenna/base. This is not a problem I have encountered before, haha.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Man... Nothing... Guess it's gonna be dash disassembly, bleh!
Do you still have the side vent on you're fenders? If so you can pop the vent off the fender and should be able to hopefully find the antenna there if he didn't yank it all the way out installing the fenders. I can see my antenna cable and where it attaches to the antenna base by looking in the side vent and easily reachable from there.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its on the passenger side. most easily accessible from behind the fender liner if there is one. it enters the vehicle from the side in its own gromet. the cable should be orange. you can also find it behind the glove box the right side or above the pkp/bcm

OP
OP
AZDezRat

AZDezRat

Reaction score
Awesome. Good info there, thanks! It does have the svt side vents, but I’m pretty sure they’re ‘glued’ in there, as opposed to however they were affixed to the stock fenders. As long as I can find it inside the truck, near the glove box, I’ll be good to go.