Another Padre Island National Seashore Feeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Anyone interested in going down the Padre Island National Seashore PINS. The weekend of Oct 15. The weather should be cooling off by then, and turtle season is over.

I know the posted speedlimit is 25, but there is plenty of room out there to stretch a Raptors legs.

My thoughts are meet up somewhere around 12 PM Corpus Christi, or Flour Bluff. Head to PINS, drive down about 50 miles, unload gear, setup camp. Take an evening run down to the mansfield cut, and back up to Mile 20 or so.

The fishing should be pretty good, and its a great place for kids and dogs due to the lack of people. I will go prerun the beach a few weekends before to check on traffic and conditions.

If your interested let me know. I would really love to make this happen. Its one of the only places (if not the only public place) where you can run a Raptor like a Raptor.

Padre Island National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service)

*disclaimer. I am not encouraging anyone to drive over the posted speedlimit, or to drive recklessly*

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I am definitely going on that weekend. It's my only free weekend in the fall, and I really want to get back out there. I have a few buds that are planning on going too, so it will be a good time even without a bunch of raptors. Although a herd of raptors would make it more fun.

Hopefully the burn ban will be lifted by then too.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Trey, I will not be able to make it on the 15th. I had made plans to take my son to the Houston Air Show and it is the same weekend. I was afraid that was going to happen.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
We would actually leave from Corpus Christi, and head south down the island. You cant drive up it due to the mansfield cut.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How far is Corpus from Mcallen?? hmm lemme check real quick...

Edit: It's 2hrs 45min... not THAT bad... I don't mind.. put me down on a 70-30 chance that I will - will not go. Keep me updated on this thread. thx

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
How far is Corpus from Mcallen?? hmm lemme check real quick...

Edit: It's 2hrs 45min... not THAT bad... I don't mind.. put me down on a 70-30 chance that I will - will not go. Keep me updated on this thread. thx

Will do. We have a facility in Edinburg on FM490. Two 45 is probably about right to the island, maybe 2.5 hrs.

I am making this trip either way, so it is definitely on. There will be some non-raptor people out there too.

If you have a VHF we will be using those as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc