Another oil leak.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
If you were bleeding you'd address the problem, and motor oil is an engine's lifeblood.
That it needs to be fixed ASAP is so obvious that it doesn't even qualify as a no-brainer.

Haha ok ok I'll make the appointment. Raptor abuse is not ok.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not have a leak but when I wen tin for a oil change and asked for the tech guy to check for a leak he said the pans are difficult to work with and they have talked about it thru Ford. As for al you guys that think the raptors are everywhere. My ford place so far has only 3 regular raptors that comes to shop; not a good population to get practice on

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends where you live. When I got my oil changed I saw 2 others getting oil change the same day.

No leaks or drips on mine. But will look out for.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send out the Posse

"Letting them sit around in driveways, garages or dealer parking lots is Raptor abuse. We must end the cruelty of Raptor abuse. "

Guilty as charged. Build date 4/17, but in my own defense, just purchased in Feb '18. Grand total of....759 miles.

Just my weekend plaything, don't need to use it for commuting. Once I cut my work hours to 4 days/week I should rack up more seat time in it. It does kill me a bit to think about it sitting there all day, patiently waiting for me to fire it up again.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't understand Raptor owners who don't change their own oil.

Maybe they’re disabled? Maybe life circumstances got in the way?

A local DAV was accosted by a shopper at a local safeway for parking in a handicapped spot -with a wheelchair placard, prominently displayed-. Woman berated the guy for about 30 seconds. Man lets her vent and when she’s finished, says “I’m picking up my disabled wife, she’s at the curb in the wheelchair”.

I change my own oil in my bikes all the time, not so much my wife’s car, and not yet in the Rap.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they’re disabled? Maybe life circumstances got in the way?

A local DAV was accosted by a shopper at a local safeway for parking in a handicapped spot -with a wheelchair placard, prominently displayed-. Woman berated the guy for about 30 seconds. Man lets her vent and when she’s finished, says “I’m picking up my disabled wife, she’s at the curb in the wheelchair”.

I change my own oil in my bikes all the time, not so much my wife’s car, and not yet in the Rap.

In other words... they are making excuses.

Anyway, since there have been so many oil leaks in these plastic oil pans... Does anybody know if there is an aftermarket solution in the works?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In other words... they are making excuses.

Anyway, since there have been so many oil leaks in these plastic oil pans... Does anybody know if there is an aftermarket solution in the works?

Since you don't own one, why do you care?

Or just trolling?