And the crowd goes wild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This past Friday was the second round of short course racing, under the lights and during the fair. My plan was to go out and put a good run in and not go big. After losing some time sliding my way through the mud hole I stayed on the gas a bit too long heading up to the table-top. I checked up some, but it was not enough. Instead of down siding I launched my self to the moon... OHHH SHIT! The pro trucks were landing where I did!!! The run put me in first till the third round when I reset TQ for the night. The RPG Stage 2 bump stop kit and frame support did their job. The drivers front inner fender liner is out. I just bought some new plastic rivets to fix it. The weight of the tire gate caused a whole new set of issues...see pictures. Steering wheel is off center to the right a bit, but it doesn't pull. I knew the toe was out so the lower control arms just moved in a different direction this time. My dual band antenna is shot, broke the upper half off. The fuel door came off, it was ok. Conclusion: I was stuck on stupid for that run. Things to change: New rear springs and mid perch in the front. Put the alignment cams in and get it squared away.

Videos:

Big Air - F150 Raptor Short Course Off Road Racing 7/27/12 1st Round - YouTube

Big Air - On Board Video - F150 Raptor Short Course Off Road Racing 7/27/12 - YouTube

F150 Raptor Short Course Off Road Racing 7/27/12 2nd Round - YouTube

F150 Raptor Short Course Off Road Racing 7/27/12 3rd Round - YouTube

Broken antenna
2871.jpg
Springs hitting the frame brace
2873.jpg
U-bolt impact in this picture
2874.jpg
Gap between bed rail and frame
2876.jpg
2877.jpg
Back edge warped in
2878.jpg
It moved!!
2879.jpg
Pass side, you can see its bent
2880.jpg
Drivers side. No damage.
2883.jpg
I might have hit it a second time after I pulled the inner fender out
2884.jpg
Yep... One tire front landings will do it every time.
2885.jpg
I was ok with the box being tweaked.. then I saw the cab got hit. Grrrr
2886.jpg
Grill smacking things.
2887.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You sir, need a Stage 4 kit!

Looks like fun, but the way they design those jumps looks like it really beats on the truck. I mean obviously it did, but I mean even running more conservatively like you did in your 2nd and 3rd runs. Those first two jumps just nose you in every time.

I had the "mega-huck" dents on the back of my old F150 from jumping a cattle guard in WY back in the day. Just think of them as badges of honor.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay watching this a couple of times.. The little check up before the table top hurt your landing and causing you to land nose heavy.. I am not critizing your driving skills at all.. And watching it you can tell the Raptor is weight biased towards the driver side and that is what caused the roll towards that side.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
OKay watching this a couple of times.. The little check up before the table top hurt your landing and causing you to land nose heavy.. I am not critizing your driving skills at all.. And watching it you can tell the Raptor is weight biased towards the driver side and that is what caused the roll towards that side.

After watching it again, I see the same thing Greg, brake lights come on, nose dives and it never comes back up again before the take-off.