Amp/Sub install without Sony upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a sub/amp install in a Raptor without the Sony upgrade? I'm wondering how hard it would be to get behind the dash and rig up the RCA cables. . .

OP
OP
V

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without the Sony premium speakers. . . The install will be much different installing an aftermarket amp with new hookups. . .

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not too terribly difficult to get at the back of the factory radio.

If I think about it, I'll scan the Crutchfield instructions. They sent a packet that shows how to remove everything. I don't recall the head unit being too bad. There seems to be plenty of room to mount whatever RCA converter you want. I haven't messed with much of the wiring on this truck but I did wire up my electric cutout and had no issue getting trim pieces popped out, under carpet, etc. It's pretty easy to rip things apart and get them back together.

OP
OP
V

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not too terribly difficult to get at the back of the factory radio.

If I think about it, I'll scan the Crutchfield instructions. They sent a packet that shows how to remove everything. I don't recall the head unit being too bad. There seems to be plenty of room to mount whatever RCA converter you want. I haven't messed with much of the wiring on this truck but I did wire up my electric cutout and had no issue getting trim pieces popped out, under carpet, etc. It's pretty easy to rip things apart and get them back together.
Please do that. That would be great.

I wonder if anyone has put an aftermarket radio or aftermarket dvd player in a Raptor?