GEN 2 Amp research power running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGRE

Reaction score
Here's side view of mine with AMP power steps. Couldn't deal with the weird step in height with factory steps. Yes you lose some side body protection but how often do you drive on rock roads at high speed.
109697-2086c242ab0e24cdbbc92bd2a697add4.jpg

IMG_9213.JPG

Last edited:

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's side view of mine with AMP power steps. Couldn't deal with the weird step in height with factory steps. Yes you lose some side body protection but how often do you drive on rock roads at high speed.

View attachment 122082

Well, a lot haha. I think the AMP steps look awesome, but where I live there's gravel everywhere and it's always flying all over. Even with the factory running boards I get the occasional rock that will bypass it and hit the side of my truck. I'm sure I have a couple of rock chips already. Your truck looks super clean though, very nice!

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them on my Gen1. They look awesome, they function awesome, they are just the right height etc.

I won't put them on my Gen2. The rear fenders were thrashed and chunked up from shit hitting them. Didn't even have to be gravel roads, just regular roads were enough to throw chunks of shit into them under the gas door. PDP flaps helped a little bit, but not much.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 122082
I'm more worried about some fool in a parking lot that has 300 other spaces available and parks so close to me, I can barely get in the door.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about some fool in a parking lot that has 300 other spaces available and parks so close to me, I can barely get in the door.
Yep. I like the stock running boards too, just for that reason. They are at just the right height and width for someone to ding their car door before hitting my truck.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 122082

lol speak for yourself buddy!

Fwiw my Rappy threw up a cast iron cap (from a gas line I suppose) off the street (had a chip in the edge or something the tire could grab on to) & that sucker BANGED into the step like it was hit w/ a sledge hammer

Again- this was on the street! I even pulled over b/c I thought there was some kinda damage & I walked back & took a look @ the thing & it must’ve weighed a few lbs easy

so....I dunno man if I didn’t have the boards that thing could’ve caused a few grand in damage to the side of the truck