All turbo 2017 F150's to get start-stop standard, including Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn it off....how is that an annoyance?

Every time you start the truck?

If so, your right it's not annoyance - thats ultra PIA (if start stop bugs you)
Menu
Settings
Truck apps
Start stop
Enable
Off
Exit exit exit

Or maybe you can just yell with a 20% faster Jen 2 voice command

Jen 2!
Start stop command
Start stop - Stop!
Start Stop stop command - start

Last edited:

mike.s

Reaction score
I don't know how it works in Ford's newer vehicles, but in BMW there's a button to turn it on and off. If you turn it off, it stays off, even after you reset the car. It only turns back on if you go into Eco mode. Then when you go back to normal mode, the start/stop stays on (since you went into Eco mode). At the point you have to push the on/off button again. If Ford does it that way, it's really not much of an inconvenience.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a recent video out there of an F150 test mule in which you can clearly hear the engine start up well after the truck gets moving. So you have to think that this is just a stepping stone on the way to a hybrid powertrain.

The Raptor is a special case, but most of the F150's out there are work and fleet trucks, and trust that even a 1% fuel savings is meaningful to those guys. The Raptor start/stop is likely one of those things they threw in because why not. It's probably more work to delete the function from the computer than to leave it in, and if it helps even slightly with their advertised MPG or meeting their cafe standards, then it makes sense to have it.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should come in handy when climbing a hill in Colorado or some deep snow during a Raptor run.

Just call me Nancy I guess..............

It's a real bummer Ford didn't take the time to develop an "off road mode"

a93b65f2a71a11380ee08ca7327143b2.jpg

I hope I am not too late? :D