All turbo 2017 F150's to get start-stop standard, including Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not just the battery what about the starter etc I'm not expert but putting stress of start stop stuff when you are in bumper to bumper traffic seems odd to me. I'm old school with the longevity stuff; yes I want all the gadgets for traction and fuel economy but when you are 50 miles south of vegas with spotty cell phone coverage I would go with the old engine stuff and try to loose weight of the truck. Keep the ECO boost and the start stuff on the regular f150

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how these engines work, but with modern start stop engine the starter is very different, much smoother. My guess is they are not as prone to wearing as the old cranky ones.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe itll be a driving mode for those who want it. I dont know about you but I personally dont like burning money when I dont have to. Why? Because it leaves more money for mods, other toys, and more gas to go further. So maybe the stop/start could be used in 'normal' mode so if you want it you can have it on. Then if youre on the street and dont want it you can put the truck in 'street' mode and voila, no start stop. Its weird that the Raptor has 'street' mode anyways so its gotta do something different than normal so might as well make it turn off stop/start.

I personally like burning fossil fuels. I don't like seeing our Raptor brothers in the oil fields suffer!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a button or any other mode other than normal will shut off the auto shut off. Its not really a good idea to run a turbo vehicle hard as shit then have it shut off as soon as you come to a stop, need to let the oil and lower ETs circulate through the turbo to get the heat down before you shut it down.
Auto Start-Stop Button is next to the Hazards button in the center above the nav screen.

-150-raptor-supercrew-interior-naias-2016-live-004.jpg