All turbo 2017 F150's to get start-stop standard, including Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Start/Stop has been in place on other manufacturers for quite some time. Surprisingly, I have yet to replace a starter on a BMW with it, I'm sure @beemerman can confirm that as well.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those whistlers are awesome! Would be a great prank to install it on rigs at one of my wheeling events. Maybe just tack weld it on the end....:ROFLJest: I do have some revenge to dish out....

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comments on the product I ordered for my next group pranking trip

1.0 out of 5 starsA friendly warning....
By DDT on September 11, 2015
I installed this on my '93 Hyundai and it was fine for the first three days - I was proud of my prudent investment. But on the fourth day it started to rattle slightly while I was cruising down Main - looking cool - windows rolled down as I blasted Vanilla Ice from my $300 custom boom system. I was at a stop light and saw some hot chicks on the sidewalk admiring my love machine with it's awesome Turbo sound. I revved the engine hard as I winked at them when suddenly my "Turbo Sound Maker" came loose and flew out at a high velocity smacking one of three burly Hells Angels in the face behind me. Needless to say he wasn't too pleased - nor were his equally burly leather clad fellow bikers. Three days in the I.C.U. and $12,500 in hospital bills later I am writing this as a warning to all... Don't forget to tighten your "Turbo Sound Maker" as per the manufactures torque recommendations and not one ounce less.
3 Comments
Thank you for your feedback.
Report abuse
5.0 out of 5 starsthis thing is awesome. Better than a real turbo
By Kris J on February 24, 2015
Verified Purchase
Dudes, this thing is awesome. Better than a real turbo. Sounds great. Added 20 HP (at least) and my gas mileage got better, too. Now, chicks look at me when I drive by. I also have a pack of dogs that follow me!!!
5 Comments
Thank you for your feedback.
Report abuse
5.0 out of 5 starsit works as of making a funny noise but i wouldnt call in a turbo sound ...
By Pen Name on August 7, 2015
Verified Purchase
bought this as a joke for buddies car. I put it on without him knowing and he didn't know what was making the loud noise behind him. I finally had to break down and tell him before he brought his car to the shop. We have since put it on many things playing around. it works as of making a funny noise but i wouldnt call in a turbo sound make by any means. In other words you will not sound like a turbo diesel truck nor car. but enjoy it for what it is.

btizzle

Reaction score
What the hell are all you guys whining about??

The ignorance in the thread amazes me..

This feature has nothing to do with saving on gas and ford didn't decide to just put it in.

It is a new government law to save on polluting the environment while idling. It is the tree huggers fault. All cars must have this option. It is the LAW. God I can't believe this thread went on this long..

Just be thankful there is a button to shut it off. And yes it always automatically turns back on every time you get back in, and no, the dealership can not LEGALLY turn it off permanently. Legally. I'm sure someone is going to say my dealership / buddy did it blah blah..

Close this thread. It is like listening to people bitch about car manufacturers putting seat belts in..

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Idle Stop-Start is not required by law. But as time goes on, more and more auto makers are incorporating this feature into new models to improve their overall Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) numbers. The goal is to raise CAFE standards nationwide to 52.5 mpg by 2025.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/stop-start_systems.htm

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/engine-stop-start-systems-explained-tech-dept

http://www.atri-online.org/research/idling/ATRI_Idling_Cab_Card.pdf

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin..._car_engines_to_save_gas_and_it_s_coming.html

btizzle

Reaction score
Yup, like I said, to help the environment. Do the math yourself.. My raptor would burn a gallon an hour or longer idling.. In a regular sized town across the world, the regular driver spends no more than 10 minute a day sitting at lights.. That's only 5 gallons a month.. And that's a car that gets 12 mpg! I drive on average close to 1200 miles a month.. So fuel savings for me would be 1%. That is nothing. They may try to sell it to the customer as fuel economy, but that's not why it is being forced in to every car, or at least not the only reason.

They are worried about the heavy cities where cars sit and sit in traffic and lights. Imagine if they all stopped running.. Major less pollution..

Ford had no choice, they had to put it in..

Edit: math is wrong: up to 5% gas savings.. Still nothing. Not worth the annoyance on a high performance vehicle..

Last edited: