All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
UPDATE: An earlier version of this incorrectly story stated that the Raptor R would not be street legal. That assertion was based on incorrect information sourced from Ford PR on multiple occasions. The story has been updated to reflect that the new truck will be street legal.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-raptor-r-v8-f150-confirmed/

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disappointments:
1. Raptor R doesn't come out until 2022
2. WTF!! Raptor R won't be street legal (Just saw that was corrected.. thank God)
3. No power specs.

Excited about:
1. 37s!!! HELL YEAH!!
2. MUCH better sounding V6
3. VASTLY better interior
4. 5 link spring rear suspension
5. Better Cargo and Towing
6. 13 inches of clearance (crawler heaven)
7. Sync 4 and two large screens. (Sync 4 is a massive improvement)
8. Built in generator will be great for overlanders like me.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be holding my breath. You are being fed false BS.

What a shit show. So the Raptor R will not be street legal. Well that bites the big one. The only good news is the factory 37" tires, but overall what a huge disappointment. I guess Gen 2 owners will be happy, it's not like I see a rush a peps ordering a Gen 3, doesn't even look much different.

This debut was like going to the Bunny Ranch with $50k and a bottle of ****** and finding the place closed.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the article...

UPDATE: An earlier version of this incorrectly story stated that the Raptor R would not be street legal. That assertion was based on incorrect information sourced from Ford PR on multiple occasions. The story has been updated to reflect that the new truck will be street legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding. I absolutely love the upgrades they did. Wanted a Hybrid system but oh well maybe in '22. My '20 has 3K on the clock right now. Might be looking at trading it in or selling it depending on how things go. So much for the Gen 2 values tanking with the release of the V8...lol.

Ford did right here. No fracturing the lineup, those who want a V8..might not even get it. Anyone stop to think that the Raptor R may just be a bonkers tuned 3.5 with non street legal components etc?

Video was a bit of a let down, but a solid upgrade for me. Love the Code Orange color. Glad I'm in the Raptor line at my local dealer!

metaphysician

Reaction score
The positive is that we're not waiting years between refreshes. 2020 - last year of Gen 2 and then 2021 first year of Gen 3. Waiting 1 more year for the Raptor R is not that bad. I'd rather them wait and get it right.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As if anyone really believes Ford is going to produce an "offroad only" Raptor.

Come on guys.

Sam