All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe there is no option that does not include the 5.2 Predator. It will be a fail without it. Ford has to answer the bell here.

I don’t think we will see a powerboost option on the Raptor. I think they will up the power slightly on the V6 TT. They pulled 660 HP out of it on the GT, so who knows.

The base model should have no less than 500 HP though.

I don’t think with a 3.5 H.O. They can come less than 500HP. To me not upgrading it by at least 50HP would be a major fail. The GT motor makes the power, but it has differences in the application it’s in. A detuned 600HP version? That would be eye opening.

5.2 or bust? I won’t subscribe to that channel of thought. Sure if they do it, it’s an easy win in most cases. An H.O. Powerboost setup can take the crown back too. Won’t answer the call to plz a lot of gear heads, but can speak volumes with the tech and doing it in a way geared toward the future. Plus having a built in generator would be cool LOL

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think with a 3.5 H.O. They can come less than 500HP. To me not upgrading it by at least 50HP would be a major fail. The GT motor makes the power, but it has differences in the application it’s in. A detuned 600HP version? That would be eye opening.

5.2 or bust? I won’t subscribe to that channel of thought. Sure if they do it, it’s an easy win in most cases. An H.O. Powerboost setup can take the crown back too. Won’t answer the call to plz a lot of gear heads, but can speak volumes with the tech and doing it in a way geared toward the future. Plus having a built in generator would be cool LOL
Yeah, 50 HP won’t cut it for me neither. They have to do better than that. I will be happy to see a 650 HP powerboost, but not sure that is going to happen.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, 50 HP won’t cut it for me neither. They have to do better than that. I will be happy to see a 650 HP powerboost, but not sure that is going to happen.

Sleep with one eye open! Awake
When you hear a tornado in the desert!

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw some renderings of a Shelby Raptor interior earlier today on my IG as well.

What if the V8 is going to be Shelby themed straight from factory? makes sense, if they decide to use the 5.2L

...and the rumor of it being called the Raptor R? like the GT350 R?

hmm

pchmotoho

Reaction score
I saw some renderings of a Shelby Raptor interior earlier today on my IG as well.

What if the V8 is going to be Shelby themed straight from factory? makes sense, if they decide to use the 5.2L

...and the rumor of it being called the Raptor R? like the GT350 R?

hmm

Funny how the R in the GT350R and now the Raptor R didn’t even originate from Ford. It was just a bunch of Shelby enthusiasts way back in the day referring to the GT350 competition models.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the ability to be one of the first to get a TRX upon orders opening up. I am so thankful I didn't pull the trigger and went Raptor. I came up on my first TRX on the freeway yesterday in all black and while it does have a presence, it just didn't do it for me...too many round corners on the front end. I'll go Gen3 even if it is a 6.

I think that RAM did a pretty good job making the Rebel look good, and the TRX looks too much like the Rebel, even to the guys like us who know what to look for. Where as the Raptor stands apart from any F-150 model out there.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? Ford has been pushing electric/hybrid systems. MachE, Nav, all electric F150 etc etc. You don't move forward by looking into the past. As I said, putting the v8 in, even in limited numbers fractures the lineup, and also is weak sauce. Thats what FIAT did and its a fat, heavy pig. Ford goes Hybrid in the Raptor and it's revolutionary and history will remember that.

Your view on this doesn't quite fit the rumors though. I'd be shocked if a V8 option isn't available. Ford can get on a high horse if they want, but the reality is that a V8 is going to generate a whole lot more excitement and sales than a hybrid would among truck buyers.

I want to see a powerboost option, but nothing we've seen so far points that direction, other than the theory that Ford wouldn't put it in F150 and not on the Raptor. It certainly would make me want it signifnicantly more,.