Alcantara/Suade Steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Door Ding

Reaction score
The problem with an alcantara steering wheel is that the material wears very easily. Though it looks great

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Suede" wheels are intended to be used with driving gloves. The sweat and oils in your skin will smooth it out quickly. They don't look very nice after that.

Bingo. One reason I am perfectly OK with a leather steering wheel.

Now, a covered dash is a completely different story.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I can easily talk to my supplier and see about how much they would charge to cover you guys steering wheels in leather. As you may recall, I can't do re-upholstery from scratch. With the consoles and gauge cluster cover, those are pre-cut pieces of leather that I embroider, pad and install with upholstery adhesive. With a steering wheel, it's a different ball game.

On the leather covered dash, after I talked to Noah from CSC, he said there is a massive amount of dis-assembly required. If however, one of the guys in here is doing a cage and already has the interior out, it would be a piece of cake. All I'd have to do is send a template over to my supplier and they could send me leather. If anyone is willing to take on the project, I'd be more than happy to do it and would probably push me over the edge to do mine.

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna do my dash in Alcantara at some point. I Really can't stand how much glare I get on the windshield. Maybe I'll get the electostatic flocker out and go full race car. Hmm....

dusty505

Reaction score
I found a local automotive upholstery guy that did one wrapped in leather and he said he'd do one in alcantara for $425. I'd take a look around your area and try to find someone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-30-23-12-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-30-23-12-40.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 201