Airlift new system installed. Love it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s an awesome air bag setup, but I want to talk about those trailer graphics and what you’re pulling in it. That livery is snazzy.

WARP6

Reaction score
Kalis, thanks for putting this up. I just ordered Airlift part number 89413 - rear bags and 74000EZ compressor/controller assembly.

I really like the tank setup but would be very careful not to drag that drain valve on anything. If you offroad much, you might want to install a pipe plug and just do away with the drain valve. You can still drain it.

Sweet setup man, thanks again!

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like this idea. I had air bags on my '04 F350 6.0 that was lifted 6'', I was towing a 31' Toyhauler loaded with a Rhino and 2 dirt bikes and they were great. Never thought about it on the Raptor until now. When I bought my '17 Raptor used, the original owner lowered the rear end by putting a shorter block under the leafs, to make it level. If I ever have to put my sportbike in the back, I'll be sagging pretty good. I already have on-board air and tank with my train horn kit. I just need the bags and the wireless controller unit. I sent an email but they are closed back east already.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like this idea. I had air bags on my '04 F350 6.0 that was lifted 6'', I was towing a 31' Toyhauler loaded with a Rhino and 2 dirt bikes and they were great. Never thought about it on the Raptor until now. When I bought my '17 Raptor used, the original owner lowered the rear end by putting a shorter block under the leafs, to make it level. If I ever have to put my sportbike in the back, I'll be sagging pretty good. I already have on-board air and tank with my train horn kit. I just need the bags and the wireless controller unit. I sent an email but they are closed back east already.
Well, let us know what you find out when they get back to you...

OP
OP
K

Kalis

Reaction score
That’s an awesome air bag setup, but I want to talk about those trailer graphics and what you’re pulling in it. That livery is snazzy.

I did a little entertaining YT video on "how to keep your trailer from getting stolen" a while back... a couple friends of mine do a little YT channel and i thought it would be funny. Clapd Out is the channel. Mostly FB stuff..

I tow my 69 Camaro to standing half mile events. Stick shifted 1600hp Canyon carver.

IMG_9499.jpg

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not may I ask?

Sam
My guess is because the airbags will limit your travel compared to stock. Stock Raptors have 13.9" of rear travel. It doesn't look to me like the bags are long enough to give that same amount of travel. Or, am I wrong?

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is because the airbags will limit your travel compared to stock. Stock Raptors have 13.9" of rear travel. It doesn't look to me like the bags are long enough to give that same amount of travel. Or, am I wrong?

Nope. They use a "puck" type lower mount. The air bag sits in the puck. Not fastened to it.

I have the same set up and mine has been off road quite a bit. No issues at all.

Sam

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. They use a "puck" type lower mount. The air bag sits in the puck. Not fastened to it.

I have the same set up and mine has been off road quite a bit. No issues at all.

Sam

Interesting... I looked on their site and downloaded the install instructions. It didn’t look like a floating mount system to me?!?

They did refer to a roll plate, is that the floating mount? Would it re-seat properly after full droop/ articulation?