Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollTigers

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing any issues with their AC in their Gen 3? A couple times now I've been driving around and the AC is on but nothing seems to be coming out of the vents. I'll have the fan speed turned all the way up to 7 and can hear a blower/fan in the dash that sounds like it's working, but literally little to no air is coming out of the vents. This has happened randomly to me a few times now. Then after I turn off the vehicle and let it sit for a little while (call it an hour plus) the AC will work again like nothing was wrong. I took it to the dealer a week ago for oil change service and had them scan the AC for codes / check freon levels, but everything came back clean and they said nothing was wrong. Said to keep an eye on it and if the problem keeps coming back they'd have to remove the dash to do a more in depth diagnosis. Obviously, don't want to have them rip out the dash if that's not needed.
Exact same issues. Took mine to the dealership and all the codes checked out fine. Said they may have to take the dash out and leave me without a car for 3-4 days. Nope. It’s done it again while riding so all I do is turn the a/c off for about 1 minute and turn back on and works fine.

Goode22

Reaction score
Exact same issues. Took mine to the dealership and all the codes checked out fine. Said they may have to take the dash out and leave me without a car for 3-4 days. Nope. It’s done it again while riding so all I do is turn the a/c off for about 1 minute and turn back on and works fine.
Same exact issue in my 2023 37pp. Except I have to leave off for about 30 minutes for it to start back working correctly.

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did this the other day on the freeway in 85 degree heat. After a pit stop and turning the car off/on it went back to normal. /shrug

dthiss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was at the Raptor Assault the instructor told us not to run the AC on Max AC and full fan. He said it’s a know issue and it freezes up in this condition. Not sure if this is your issue, but thought I’d make comment.

Dubbs88

Reaction score
2022 Raptor ..exact same issue as described here. Curious as to what it takes for Ford to acknowledge and fix this. Seems rather prevalent.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 23 did this today. Not fun with a baby in the truck when it’s 95 and humid as ****.

Fan speed was turned all the way up and you could hear the blower giving it all it could but just almost no air coming out of the vents no matter what I did. Even turned on the heat for a moment and it didn’t make a difference.

After reading this thread I turned the hvac off for a while, then ran it with the ac compressor off for a few minutes and it cleared up

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 23 also did this today. On my way home from a 45 min trip i started thinking "is my ac working?" Could barely feel any air coming out even tho everything was set right. Glad to know im not the only one